Ecto 1 Rebuild

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
I have a love hate relationship with this car. Love the lights, hate how many classic coaches have been butchered.

Be that as it may, found a YouTube of the original ecto1 being restored. Lights are correct , except they are using a painted red lens on the model 19, steady on.

Original:

Restoration. The C5G has never been used, at .east I've never heard it in any videos:

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
when i saw the vid was 15-16 min long i wasnt going to watch the whole thing, just FF to the final reveal

but the nerd in me started watching and well, i just couldnt help myself

they did an amazing job on her, must have been like stepping into (or sitting into ) a time machine for Akroyd. What a treat, thank you for posting this

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
what is what seems to be overspray in blue color on the center metal stripe holding the domes together ? Looks like some blue glass paint have ben used or something .
Ok, here's another recreation. What kind of siren is this? Looks like a frankenmonster model 66 or something.View attachment 223630

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Ok, I'm sorry to rain on the parade of the restoration team in the second video, but the front lightbar IS NOT CORRECT. The original Ecto-1 in the film had two blue 48" Force 4 XL lightbars, forward and rear, with the independent rotators, diamond mirrors, and custom mounting feet similar to the AeroDynic. The restored car has an incorrect 55" Code 3 XL sealed beam lightbar with incorrect mounting feet. I'm irritated that a movie car company that deals with this stuff every day couldn't have found a matching 48" Force 4 XL and made the custom mounting feet like they were in the movie! I mean, there's a private Ecto-1 owner who did a perfect screen accurate car and nailed ALL the details. When I see this restoration, I feel it was half-@$$ed just a bit...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.