Excalibur question

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Im sure this is a quick negative, but i’ve wondered something about the excalibur and could never find an answer regarding the topic.

I know the mx7000 was offered with one, but was the excalibur ever offered as a speaker center option?? Ive ever seen it as an all light bar, unless ive missed something (be my luck i have).

Only asking cause i have a frame, lower outer domes and some internal lights and mirrors for an excalibur bar and want to use them.

Also a little off topic, but are the lowers for a 36” bar different from the lenses with the lips on a 47” bar??

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
And for tsquale, thanks for that site and do you understand this sentence....

• Three non-activating inputs for low power, ptohocell, and BTT cutoff

Any idea what a ptohocell is used for??

LOL

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
Reactions: tsquale

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
roof top sirens have been "outlawed" for awhile any siren grill for a MX will fit a excaliber as they are the same exact bars minus the lower "half"

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
roof top sirens have been "outlawed" for awhile any siren grill for a MX will fit a excaliber as they are the same exact bars minus the lower "half"

Siren speakers in bars are still heavily used in Europe, and still in a few places in the US (stupid I know). As far as the other part, the MX and Excalibur speaker grills are completely different and its because of the bottom section. Both speaker grills cover the top and bottom sections of the bar and mount differently. They are not compatible.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
so the chrome speaker grill is a one piece section and not 2 individuals like the rest of the domes?

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
so the chrome speaker grill is a one piece section and not 2 individuals like the rest of the domes?

yes all code 3 speaker grills are one piece, XL, MX, and Excalibur’s. There was one small exception in the early 90s when they made an mx7000 speaker section that didn’t cover the bottom of the back dome for the arrow stick. That didn’t last long as they converted to all light versions shortly after.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
good to know

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Yes I remember driving a Mexican police truck when I was 17 and it had a Excalibur with outer rotators and center strobes and a center speaker.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
NFPA standards are part of "outlawed" roof sirens. Excess noise in the cab distracting operators which cause accidents. Several large PD agencies and independent govt agencies (OSHA types) have also done studies showing they're no bueno.

I've never seen a photocell on a halogen bar. Edge strobes and LED but not halogen. I dont know how they would even function on that type of bar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.