So FHP finally ditched Code3...

Tcope04

Oct 7, 2020
Florida
What’s the point of the headliner lights when you have a lightbar? It seems like some agencies just add extra lights because they can. It looks like a nice setup, just a little overkill.
They say its dude to them being more visible to drivers because all the layers of lighting

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
I'm utterly baffled about them dropping the red. We've been running red and blue for 10+ years after running blue only and would never go back. If you roll up on someone on a bright sunny day, you see the red and amber lights way before you see the blues. Florida has as much sun as we do. Troopers being butt hurt about looking like fireman seems like a really poor reason to compromise safety.

Hi, John. Where in Mississippi is your agency? Pontotoc Sheriff.. Police? I'd love to see some Mississippi patrol cars with red/blue lights.

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
I'm with the Natchez Trace Parkway. There has been red/blue in Mississippi but its local. Batesville PD ran it for a while. The Sheriff's Offices in the Delta do as well. Loudens County did as well.

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
They say its dude to them being more visible to drivers because all the layers of lighting
Colorado State Patrol does it too. As if a full size Whelen Liberty II Duo wasn't bright enough, they added front and rear inner edges. You know, because the second brightest lightbar ever made just isn't good enough.

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
Colorado State Patrol does it too. As if a full size Whelen Liberty II Duo wasn't bright enough, they added front and rear inner edges. You know, because the second brightest lightbar ever made just isn't good enough.

If you don't synch it, it can be a mess but, if you do, it's impressive.

Our lightbar equipped Chargers are running an MPower lightbar and have a legacy traffic advisor on the rear deck. I'm steady burning the corner modules of the Mpower and then the entire lightbar and traffic advisor flash as one unit. The parking lots are also programmed to flash at the same time. IIRC, it flashes at 75 fpm. This creates a massive foot print with a noticeable "pop" that really shows the location of the vehicle.

For the curious, our installer disconnected the legacy flasher and ran each of the eight light heads in the traffic advisor to the Blueprint system. I also use this to add a turn signal function during daylight hours.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.