Liberty Lightbar Issue

Rigmover06

May 31, 2010
Moscow,TX
Question for the gurus,
Have a Liberty mounted on my truck, every once in a while if I have been sitting stationary with the lights going while loading or unloading the bar will lock itself solid but yet the controller panel will still be doing the indicator light dance.
Is there at heat sink inside the bar that would cause this?
When I pull the fuse for the bar it resets itself and goes back to normal.

Thanks
in Advance

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Serial control? If not, it is likely a knock off bar as the LC bars do not use a special controller. Meaning the lights on the controller work completely independent of the light. Photos/model of controller might help too.

Reactions: Dave F

Rigmover06

May 31, 2010
Moscow,TX
The lightbar is connected to a Cencom Sapphire controller. With WECAN that was added afterwards. It is a 54" Liberty, Date Of Manufacture 2012. Didn't have any issues this run with it. But it seems to only do it when I have been stationary for a hour or more and then goes Solid sometimes,not all the time.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Heat issue? Open it up and give it a going over. Over time thermal expansion can work ribbon connectors loose and cause issues with other electronics. Rule out the simple first.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
The lightbar is connected to a Cencom Sapphire controller. With WECAN that was added afterwards. It is a 54" Liberty, Date Of Manufacture 2012. Didn't have any issues this run with it. But it seems to only do it when I have been stationary for a hour or more and then goes Solid sometimes,not all the time.
to me... check all your connections and wiring since its added after he fact- second check your programming: was it programmed in the original software then reprogrammed in command?
rule out the obvious first.
after that it could be a heat issue or a I/O board with a occasional issue
to me with the fact that a power cycle to the bar fixes the issue im leaning towards a i/o board issue

Rigmover06

May 31, 2010
Moscow,TX
Update,
Broke it all down and checked all connections and cleaned it up all. Just for sh!ts and giggles I dropped the fuses for the light bar power down from 20 Amps for 12V to 15Amp for 24V because of the 4 batteries in the truck and made a 6 day run requiring my lights to be on for 12+ hours a day with zero issues. So hopefully that is the end of that saga..
Thanks all for your input and suggestions. Reason #1 why I have been a member for all these years..

Reactions: StEaLtH2 and Dave F

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.