hideaway question x 2

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Anyone here use AWL Bursts? I notice the dual head kits are on sale for 50 bucks, beats out anyone else by literally 50 bucks for 2.

Second Q, anyone use hella heroes yet? considering them, but not sure they would work for a Nissan, but I like the idea of how easy it would be to remove/reuse with adapters for different vehicles. I was wondering how they work with canbus systems or BCM systems that hyperflash led's. Do they trigger with an activation wire to flash mode or something?

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I have the Heroes installed in my 2021 PIU and they are great. Bright, easy to install, and I like that they replace the factory bulb, so no drilling needed. I have them on my reverse lights, so no hyper-flash issue. I do have LED turn signals, but I used Forscan to stop the hyperflash. They have one power wire that you apply, so you only get a single mode option. There is a new Flex version of them that just has 4 steady burn wires, and you add your own flasher. Looking back I probably would have rather done that.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
woah, tell me about Forscan? I really like the idea of the nonflex, that's all I want is one mode to do whatever I set it for, and replace OEM bulbs. I think I wanna go this route so there's no drilling, holes, etc, as I want to sell my truck.

rohmers

May 24, 2010
MA
I have used the awl blasts for many years. They are great if you just need flashing. Get ahold of Tom and get those before they are gone.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
I have used the awl blasts for many years. They are great if you just need flashing. Get ahold of Tom and get those before they are gone.
How would you rate output compared to surface stars? Thinking of using 2 red 2 white in my grill instead of traditional grill lights. I'm trying to simplify my build significantly

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
woah, tell me about Forscan? I really like the idea of the nonflex, that's all I want is one mode to do whatever I set it for, and replace OEM bulbs. I think I wanna go this route so there's no drilling, holes, etc, as I want to sell my truck.
Forscan is software for Fords (and select Mazda, Lincoln) vehicles that lets you reprogram the car and change things. Think an OBDII reader but way more powerful. I don't know if anything like that exists for Nissan though.

Reactions: Frooom

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Forscan is software for Fords (and select Mazda, Lincoln) vehicles that lets you reprogram the car and change things. Think an OBDII reader but way more powerful. I don't know if anything like that exists for Nissan though.
Gotcha, that's awesome. Yeah I doubt anything does. Nissan uses a BCM for the lights, real PITA for trying to do LEDs in places. I wanna ask Hella if their hero modules avoid hyperblink and bulb out behaviors.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.