Got an old AreoDynic for free

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
Haven't been in here for a while, but to make a long story short, I got these three bars for free from a local Fire Department that were about to toss them in the junk. I got a MX7000, LP Force 4 6000 and a cool AreoDynic that I think was from the 80's. They all work.

I want to install the areodynic on my ford ranger, lmao, just for fun and with amber lenses, would be a good safety measure for the winter. Currently all these bars are red/white, looking for amber/white for all of them. Some could be for sale, but I want to mainly focus on that Areo dynic...If anyone has a center section or amber/white lenses, all amber, all white, amber filters?? I'd like to make a deal.

I got them all free so I am happy....they all work, minus a burned bulb in the MX7000. I hope you like the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_144057074[1].jpg
    IMG_20210925_144057074[1].jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20210924_185505545[1].jpg
    IMG_20210924_185505545[1].jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20210925_123206973_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20210925_123206973_HDR[1].jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20210925_140529443_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20210925_140529443_HDR[1].jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20210925_140511656_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20210925_140511656_HDR[1].jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 43

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
The 24MH is a rare version. Thats really a bar gain. Congrats!
I don't know what makes it rare, it just has rotators. and I think used to be a speaker in the middle. The speaker and center section are missing though, but the rest of it works. I like the gear drive. I plan to clean it up, fix whatever and lube it up. Just a minor restoration and then run it on top of my Ford ranger for the winter, lmao, it looks funny on a ranger, but it's mostly for fun anyways. Of course with amber Lenses, the reds have to go. I may even install some led brake lights inside of it. Plenty of room inside to do that

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I don't know what makes it rare, it just has rotators. and I think used to be a speaker in the middle. The speaker and center section are missing though, but the rest of it works. I like the gear drive. I plan to clean it up, fix whatever and lube it up. Just a minor restoration and then run it on top of my Ford ranger for the winter, lmao, it looks funny on a ranger, but it's mostly for fun anyways. Of course with amber Lenses, the reds have to go. I may even install some led brake lights inside of it. Plenty of room inside to do that
What makes the MH uncommon is no options on the bar other then Halogen H1 Lamps. I am hesitant to use rare with AeroDynics because of sheer number of variants out there most are uncommon. Midlength Model 24s are uncommon, add that to an all rotator model 24 and yeah its one I would add to my restoration list. You'll need the top chrome strip and front and rear halfs for the speaker section, along with 3 screws to hold it all together. You can find this stuff pretty easily if you look around. Good luck!

Mars Light

Jun 23, 2011
Leipzig, Germany
What makes the MH uncommon is no options on the bar other then Halogen H1 Lamps. I am hesitant to use rare with AeroDynics because of sheer number of variants out there most are uncommon. Midlength Model 24s are uncommon, add that to an all rotator model 24 and yeah its one I would add to my restoration list. You'll need the top chrome strip and front and rear halfs for the speaker section, along with 3 screws to hold it all together. You can find this stuff pretty easily if you look around. Good luck!
You´re right regarding the sheer numbers of variants.
I mean it´s rare because the mide size 24 are not often to find and a version with only rotators are still harder to find. This is the first 24MH I´ve ever seen.

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
here is a small video of it. it does work, but I'll make another video later when it is darker out. It's pretty good shape, no cracked lenses, just faded and dirty and no center section. I literally found this in the weeds beside the fire station. I thought it was junk, until I saw Areodynic on it...I heard those were kinds collectable so I pulled it out of the weeds. I also have a video of the MX7000 I got that same day from the fire house. I think the Areodynic was ordered all rotator and red, because it was just a firetruck light and they didn't need any spot lights, flashers or alley lights... just bright and all red. It is bright, brighter than the MX7000, but the MX7000 has some burned out bulbs in it. I'd like to get some Amber or clear lenses for the areaodynic and MX7000....The reds are no use(and illegal in New York) for me. I'm going try my hand at restoring these lights.....never done it before, but I can figure things out, know how wiring works and fairly mechanical....Might be relaxing and fun. Hope you like the videos. I can't believe they were going to toss these in the dumpster....They already tossed an edge 9000 and a jetstrobe in it...all broken.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.