SOLD Model 14, Federal Sign and Signal dual sealed beam beacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Lights of this type/vintage are not my standard collectable item so I am listing it here. I do not know much of anything about the specs of the light (what is factory and what is not). I was told that the dome and magnetic plate on the bottom are not factory.

Here is what I do know...
It runs great. The dome does nor have any cracks but has a good ammount of scratches. The guy I got it from is retired and said he used it on his wrecker. I put on new wire leads, good for running on the display. It has a thick heavy magnetic plate on the bottom. It appears to be thick strips attached to eachother and trimmed into a circle to fit the light.

Inside the base and gear area was pretty dirty. I disassembled the light to clean it up. I scrubbed the old sticky layer of grease and grime from the gearcage parts that make contact when moving (bushings, washers, C clips), dried them off, lightly greased the contact surfaces and reassembled. I did not wipe down or clean the bulbs, bulb holder assembly or motor.

Looking for $100 plus the shipping and packing. (Saw a couple on fleabay go for a lot more so rather then reaching for the stars or haggling, this seems reasonable).

Screenshot_2021-10-11-22-12-16.pngScreenshot_2021-10-11-22-12-44.pngScreenshot_2021-10-11-22-11-51.pngScreenshot_2021-10-11-22-12-40.png

Reactions: kadetklapp

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Someone correct me if im wrong, but I think that dome belongs on the model 17??? I thought the 14 had the flat top dome.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
The large diameter dome for the Models 17, 173, 174, 175, 176, and Titan will fit the Model 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.