Code 3 CB7265

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Thinking of giving up on interior lighting, and going with a pair of code 3 CB7265 on the two studs on my back rack. My rack only barely meets the roofline, which would put these right up over the top of my truck, but not hit my garage so I can still get in and out. I'd be pairing this with micropulses on my mirrors and grill. Anyone use 'em? My primary use is at night, but there are occasional daytime responses.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
i had one once, i liked it, been considering getting another. nice lights for price, decent patterns
I know beacons aren’t recommended for primary lighting but I feel like in combination with other lightning these would be ok. I’m planning 2 micropulse 600 on my side mirrors and grill (4 total) front, my old never-getting-rid-of apollos side, and 3 micropulse 1200 rear. I just want something 360

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
its sae rated right? why not use it as a primary: i dont know all the statutes
for title compliance here so id love
to hear input.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
its sae rated right? why not use it as a primary: i dont know all the statutes
for title compliance here so id love
to hear input.
Fortunately I’m not regulated by that. Mostly I just try to make sure my stuff is bright in direct sunlight, which then translates to works fine at night. But yeah if anyone has info, or even a place to buy a pair I would love to hear. I believe they only come in red or blue, so I’ll be doing 2x red.

Reactions: Dave F

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
We got any code 3 dealers on here?

That's my local one. They really push Code 3 to all the surrounding departments to the point I forget they sell other stuff. They are decent people, always been fair to me. If you talk to them remind them that sych wires do exist; I am tired of the purple and pink blobs their installs create in my area.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
I know this is off topic, but I found a site offering Feniex AM600's for 100 bucks...which seems like a really good deal. They're definitely bigger than the SB7265. Any opinions one way or the other?

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
like everything else, depends on the pattern. if you chose something flashy and blinky you def lost its effectiveness with its size

a good solid slow one though, and it can be seen well. i never did a solid
distance test on it though

Reactions: Jarred J.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I know this is off topic, but I found a site offering Feniex AM600's for 100 bucks...which seems like a really good deal. They're definitely bigger than the SB7265. Any opinions one way or the other?

i have a review thread in members review area..

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
i have a review thread in members review area..
I've actually seen your videos on youtube. What was the green code 3 beacon? Seemed like it had better output. I'm sick of trying to solve my lighting needs, I just want to be done with this.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I've actually seen your videos on youtube. What was the green code 3 beacon? Seemed like it had better output. I'm sick of trying to solve my lighting needs, I just want to be done with this.
LCS 222 i dont think its made anymore..

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
yup thats it. ive had mine for 4 years or so and figured thats about the lifepsan of some beacon designs. it was oldr than that when i got it used..
Thanks, think I'm gonna stick with code 3. The feniex seems to be big, and frankly I've not been impressed with any of their recent stuff.

Reactions: Jarred J.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.