09-15 F-150 inner light bar

aj4vs

Mar 4, 2011
FL
I have a 2012 f-150 that we'd like to remove the exterior lightbar and exchange for an interior lightbar. I cannot find anyone that still makes vehicle specific interior light bar and/or brackets for the 09-14 f150. Does anyone know of a bar that would work? Anyone know if the 2015+ f150 lightbars/brackets would work without major mods?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I have a 2012 f-150 that we'd like to remove the exterior lightbar and exchange for an interior lightbar. I cannot find anyone that still makes vehicle specific interior light bar and/or brackets for the 09-14 f150. Does anyone know of a bar that would work? Anyone know if the 2015+ f150 lightbars/brackets would work without major mods?
How different is 2012 for 2013? SoundOff makes 2013 models...

I installed a Sound Off bar in a durango that wasn't the right year and used a "year off" mount. I also had weather striping on hand in case I needed it for flash back but didn't. I also called SoundOff and was shipped a "universal mounting kit" that I didn't need because the new model years bar fit fine. The issue is often what it mounts to, i.e. the visor mounts or the headliner. Keep in mind many cheap Chinese interior bars don't have model specific mounts so there is some room for adaptation.

Strobes n more brand has one mounting kit too, their instructions say: Your Interior bar comes with forked brackets. You can use the forked end to secure the brackets to your existing visor mount or you can directly mount the bracket to your headliner using screws. It is imperative that you check the area behind the headliner for any hidden wires and that you use the appropriate size screws (no larger than #8 screw). The brackets can’t be more than 14.5” from each other as the track will not allow for any more width. Once brackets are secured, use 2 screws to hold the interior bar to the bracket.

I don't think you will find a specific 2012 f-150 bar or kit, but I'm pretty sure you could make Sound Off or Strobes N More work using a universal mounting kit or the 2013 kit.

aj4vs

Mar 4, 2011
FL
Thanks for the quick reply. The split visor bar you linked was actually for a f-250. Since they are larger trucks, I assume they won’t fit. However, that one-piece lightbar you linked is very interesting. The URL says 2013, which should be a perfect fit, but the documentation says 2015+ which is a new body style and might not fit. Looks like I’ll be calling SOS in the morning. Thanks again!!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Thanks for the quick reply. The split visor bar you linked was actually for a f-250. Since they are larger trucks, I assume they won’t fit. However, that one-piece lightbar you linked is very interesting. The URL says 2013, which should be a perfect fit, but the documentation says 2015+ which is a new body style and might not fit. Looks like I’ll be calling SOS in the morning. Thanks again!!

My local Sound off dealer was very helpful and brought out a bunch of samples and we tried them out in the Durango and figured out that a charger bar with older universal mounts worked. When I called Sound Off they were super helpful as well, but couldn't guarantee anything would be cross compatible but suggested the local dealer come out and gave me a starting point.

At the bottom of the linked page is a huge list of models and mounts. You can kind of look through and compare measurements too.

The dealer finder tool works great too, being in Florida you have some options.

Reactions: aj4vs

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.