Ernest Holmes AeroDynic

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I did not see many 24RV AeroTwins back in the day, and even fewer marked as Holmes. Most of the tow trucks around here sported the 25RWL and then the 25RWLI models.

BraniffLights

Aug 5, 2017
Atlanta, Ga
That bar brings back a lot of memories. They certainly weren't common but you never forgot seeing them w the big HOLMES letters. That is a gorgeous bar! thanks for sharing.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Interesting. This one does not have white work lights to the rear
Nope, but even the brochure image showed no enclosed work lights. Back in the day, work lights were typically a pair of lights, often PAR-46 bulbs in a Dietz 9-51 housing or similar arrangement mounted somewhere on the crane's top cross member.

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
i wonder if the light in the center was added in
I'm pretty sure there's no light in the center. It's a ghost of the left flasher. You're seeing an artifact or a product of the lens package - basically a reflection of the rear flashers reversed and shifted to the left of the center of the image... the camera may have been at a slight angle to the bar instead of square with it. If you look at the left side of the lightbar after the rotators are turned off but the flashers are still on, you will see an artifact of the right flasher in the middle of the left dome.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Aren't the inboard flashing lamps intended to be the work lights?
Not necessarily and the few that I saw back in the day were not. Look at the Federal Signal advertisement in the posted video and you will separate work lights. It was a common arrangement back in the day.

Reactions: JohnMarcson

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.