1995 Ford Mini Rescue lighting upgrade

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I'd like to give a shout out to @shues and @EHFD_Tower_751 for their help with parts allocation. Both are super easy to work with and a couple great guys.

Did an install/upgrade for a local Rescue Squad Non-profit. This vehicle will likely be donated to my now former department. Upgrades/dates.....
Lightbar: removed the existing Code 3 2100 from the body roof and replaced with a refurbished Whelen Liberty 48 to the cab roof. Upgraded the new bar with LR11 alleys and quad LR11 takedowns. TD's angled outboard for better off axis lighting (used as driving lights in our mostly rural setting).
Grille: updated the Whelen 73 series strobes to 700 series single row LEDs. Also added a pair of Whelen Vertex (white) in the upper marker lights for intersection warning.
Sides: upgraded the Whelen 73 series strobes to 900 series single for LEDs. Very surprised how much punch these have even compared to the dual row.
Rear: Updated the Whelen 900 series strobes to 900 series single row LEDs.

All of the body lights are run off of a single Feniex flasher, the bar is managed internally. No changes to the sab switching or siren.

And as always....video

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Strong work! Everything about that truck I like. Very nice, easy, upgrades that make the truck stand out and will last another 20 years.

Reactions: Sparky_911

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Nice work!

Nice job and youre welcome.
Thank you gents, the upgrade wouldn't have been possible without you guys. They are on a very limited budget and this was perfectly priced for them.
Strong work! Everything about that truck I like. Very nice, easy, upgrades that make the truck stand out and will last another 20 years.
Thank you. Being that it only has 15898mi on the clock it will likely be utilized for quite some years to come.

Reactions: firebuff17

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.