How the heck do I sell this???

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
So this was in with one of my gubbmint auctions... along with about 300 pounds of various pieces of partition for a bunch of other vehicles. But this thing is huge, heavy, and unwieldy. I doubt very much I will have much if any local interest, but shipping this thing is likely to be a nightmare. Any suggestions?

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
My local junkyard had a couple CVPIs in the yard and 1 of them had those in it, i was gonna grab it but thought the same thing……….so i left it.

Only thing i can say is maybe freight ??

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
It looks as tall as wide so I cant get a good grasp of its size. A large tv or bicycle box might work. If not, wrapping it in cardboard from them. Might run into size limitations with UPS/USPS though. Standing it up on a pallet should work but shipping cost would likely be way more then the partition is worth.

Edit... the scap yard (or local scrappers) would take it off your hands if you just need to dump it.

Reactions: ur20v

CD3

May 25, 2010
USA, CA
In today's freight costs you are better off leaving it. The Crown Vic's took full size partitons which could be used in the Ford Explorer only thing is needed the transfer kit and extention panels. So buy then your way over turned in your costs.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I got one in an auction it was for a Suburban I sold it locally to a guy with giant dogs who wanted to put his dogs in the back of his van. I doubt it fit but $20 to remove it was fine by me.

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
Yeah, I might just throw it up on Facebook and see if I get any bites. Probably some creepy whacker out there who wants it, though the thought oogs me out. Make whoever buys it take the extra 300 lbs of shields and brackets and extensions and consoles and crap that came from all the other auctions, too.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Last summer I was in a similar situation with several hundred pounds of various console parts. The lot was mostly floor plates and other such brackets. On a whim I took the heap to a hamfest, hoping to sell one or two pieces. I managed to sell everything within the first hour for five or six times scrap price at the time, all to one buyer!

Reactions: ur20v

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
Last summer I was in a similar situation with several hundred pounds of various console parts. The lot was mostly floor plates and other such brackets. On a whim I took the heap to a hamfest, hoping to sell one or two pieces. I managed to sell everything within the first hour for five or six times scrap price at the time, all to one buyer!

I was planning on doing that with the giant spools of Heliax and stacks of Quantar repeaters and Efratom rubidium frequency standards also taking up space around here... that's a great idea! I missed the closest one to me last month, but hopefully there will be a few more coming up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.