Sireno Condor

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
Nice blue Domes - I wish I had some too! ;)

What kind of mounting feet these are? Could you take some pictures of it?

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
Ich wünschte, ich hätte rote Abdeckungen dafür, kann aber keine finden. (I wish I have Red domes for it, but cant find any.)
Ich bin schon eine Weile am Suchen - Ja, sie sind nicht leicht zu finden aber irgendwo sind bestimmt noch welche! Zumindest hoffe ich das.
(I've been searching for a while - yes, they are not easy to find but there are certainly some somewhere! At least I hope so.)

Chri$

Aug 29, 2022
Bremen, Germany
Ich bin schon eine Weile am Suchen - Ja, sie sind nicht leicht zu finden aber irgendwo sind bestimmt noch welche! Zumindest hoffe ich das.
(I've been searching for a while - yes, they are not easy to find but there are certainly some somewhere! At least I hope so.)
Ich wollte ursprünglich eine Twinsonic Model 12 oder CTS in rot haben, konnte aber keine finden und aus zufall hab ich die sireno condor auf ebay gefunden und gekauft. Ich suche auch noch nach einer Twinsonic model 12 oder CTS in rot.

(I originally wanted a Twinsonic Model 12 or CTS in red, but couldn't find one and by accident I found and bought the sireno condor on ebay. I am still searching for a Twinsonic model 12 or CTS in red.)

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Reactions: OliverD

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
From what I understand the 44701 is the actual model number of the bar. The 4 zeros are changeable depending on modifications or options.

You're pretty close. The one thing that Sireno seemed to be consistent on was the 4 numbers after the dash (-) indicated the color setup. In this case the four zeros (-0000) indicated red domes on a standard bar

1669149455461.jpeg

Reactions: Skulldigger

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
From what I understand the 44701 is the actual model number of the bar. ....
Yes, but what does it mean?
All I knew was that the 42920 is for bars with a length of 47" and the 42860 for 54" long bars. (see JohnMarcson's attachment earlier in this topic)

I have two more 54" Condor which both have the 42860.
The question now is: Were the numbers changed or was the Condor also available in a different length (and the endcaps were replaced)?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Yes, but what does it mean?
All I knew was that the 42920 is for bars with a length of 47" and the 42860 for 54" long bars. (see JohnMarcson's attachment earlier in this topic)

I have two more 54" Condor which both have the 42860.
The question now is: Were the numbers changed or was the Condor also available in a different length (and the endcaps were replaced)?
I don't think the literature I posted shows all the different numbering orders. I do think there were other lengths etc. However I am pretty sure "0000" on a bar with front cascade mirrors is supposed to mean red no matter the other numbering sequence. I would guess the domes were changed, not the endcaps.

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
I have tried to study Sireno models and serial numbers and there is little to go on. I have managed to narrow down dates for siren serial numbers for Sireno in New York, but the stuff made after they moved to Kearny (about 1960 -62) very little makes sense. All I can say is the first set of numbers is the model and the second set is for variations and options. I have two 44660 beacons that are identical except for the color of the dome. The blue one is 44660-7000 and the Red one is 44660-0402. They are the original domes.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I have tried to study Sireno models and serial numbers and there is little to go on. I have managed to narrow down dates for siren serial numbers for Sireno in New York, but the stuff made after they moved to Kearny (about 1960 -62) very little makes sense. All I can say is the first set of numbers is the model and the second set is for variations and options. I have two 44660 beacons that are identical except for the color of the dome. The blue one is 44660-7000 and the Red one is 44660-0402. They are the original domes.
I would agree that there is way more to the numbering than the one catalog shows. The way they used numbers for options means as new options came out and old ones changed the numbers would shift. I would just assume that anything 0000 is at least the "base" model of that period or production run. That may well be blue or clear, I bet the numbers were pretty fluid.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.