nForce Module wire pinout

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Just wondering if anyone knows what the pinouts are on the nForce module itself. Looking to do something custom and wanted to know what is what. There are 5 wires in total on a Tri color module. I am assuming a hot and ground but not sure if the other input wires are grounds for the colors or power. Any info on these would be greatly applicated

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Yeah that's not what I am looking for exactly lol.

I am talking on the module itself that is in my visor bar. That goes from the io board to the module.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Yeah that's not what I am looking for exactly lol.

I am talking on the module itself that is in my visor bar. That goes from the io board to the module.
It's almost like your post didn't say that..... "Lol"...

But semantics aside I thought the wires inside the sound off bars pretty closely resemble the wires on similar modules when used outside of the bar. What color wires do you have? Like you said you should have power and ground, then color wires that are color triggers when powered/combined.

At least the sound off stuff I have taken apart have full voltage modules similar to the stand alone heads.

Last edited:

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
The wire colors depends on the module itself. All wires are one color. For example one module is all green wires the one next to it is all yellow and so on. I can update with a picture if that will help. Haven't seen a lightbar yet with these style of connectors

Attachments

• 20230212_121503.jpg
    20230212_121503.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 4

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

Looks like I am incorrect about the modules. They are internal bar specific. They seem dependent in the control boards so they may not operate in 12vdc or in any way similar to the standard separate modules. I usually test stuff like this with low voltage, but I can see why you would want a real pinout.

Sound Off seems to want you to just unplug and replace them. You could meter the outputs from the control board I guess. I would be curious to see whether the outputs are full voltage or not. The picture certainly doesn't look like anything I have seen before, I can't claim any real knowledge here based on the pic, but I am curious what you find now.

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Yeah I was just gonna see if anyone has ever done some testing like that with these modules. I was gonna test them myself but figured before taking them all apart to try to test.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Yeah I was just gonna see if anyone has ever done some testing like that with these modules. I was gonna test them myself but figured before taking them all apart to try to test.
If you get anywhere I'm sure others would love to know too, I am always amazed by how different internally some lightbars products composed of existing lights are from their "stand alone" versions.

Reactions: firebuff17

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Well after some tinkering today I was able to figure this one out. I was able to map out the pin outs on it and here is the picture of what I did. Seems like these lights all take a Positive Voltage to activate and the ground is constant. Will take up 12.4 Volts as this is what the controller was giving on Solid Red. Solid White was reading at 10.8 without the car running for either of the tests. I was able to wire it up how I wanted and was able to get the affects I was looking for.
The colors listed below are for Tri Color modules. Color outputs maybe different than what is shown here however seems to be the Negative doesnt change.

4HVAsdH7fx.jpg

Reactions: JohnMarcson

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Well after some tinkering today I was able to figure this one out. I was able to map out the pin outs on it and here is the picture of what I did. Seems like these lights all take a Positive Voltage to activate and the ground is constant. Will take up 12.4 Volts as this is what the controller was giving on Solid Red. Solid White was reading at 10.8 without the car running for either of the tests. I was able to wire it up how I wanted and was able to get the affects I was looking for.
The colors listed below are for Tri Color modules. Color outputs maybe different than what is shown here however seems to be the Negative doesnt change.

View attachment 242769
Interesting. Do any of the positive wires need combined to make a color or function or are they all single function?

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
They are all single function. It does seem to be that Red is the priority color while blue and then white. I didn't want to test these for a long period of time with wires being applied to them all at once, Didn't want to short anything out or damage the LED board.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.