Fire boot recommendations?

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
What are your recommendations on a good fire boot that wont break the bank? Rubber or leather?

My current boots are discolored and have a hole in them, but our small VFD refuses to place them out of service because I don't normally do interior work due to my certification, unless its absolutely necessary or its overhaul.

MRFD715

Apr 23, 2013
Iowa
We recently switched from Thorogood Hellfire rubbers to the Globe Supreme leathers. Those things are amazingly comfortable, but they are expensive! I've heard that the Black Diamond rubbers are the most comfortable rubber boots out there and they aren't that expensive, no first hand experience with them though.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
We got issued the globe supreme at work also. Very comfortable despite being 1 size too small for my boats. They are holding up extremely well after 5 years.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Currently using Haix Fire Hunter. DO NOT RECCOMMEND.

I've also used Globe Supreme. Will be switching back, as soon as I can find a decent sale.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Once upon a time when I was still an active firefighter, I wore pro boots. At the time they were very comfortable and probably 10 years ago were 325 or so.

Yes good boots are expensive but when your in them for 12+ hrs they'll be worth every penny.

Def worth the investment and if you company won't pay for new boots, I wouldn't be doing any interior work until you can invest in new safe boots.

Best of luck,
Seth

Reactions: Doyle257

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I personally bought a pair of Pro Warringtons many many years ago when I started to volunteer. Those were also great boots.
Good properly fitting boots and gloves are essential.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.