Ignition Chime Disable for the Interceptor/Utility

VII

Mar 28, 2013
MN
This is for those of you that are looking to disable the chime that sounds while the key is in the ignition of either the Utility or the Interceptor Units

By the driver's kick panel, you'll find the interior fuse panel.

There are two black plugs on the bottom of the panel. The wire you are looking for is in the first plug (closest to the rear of the vehicle) This plug also contains a reverse light output, as well as a brake light kill/output circuit.

To disable the ignition chime, simply cut the blue/gray 18g wire.

I'll try to attach some pictures, hopefully it works.

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i48_IdeTPT67_20131218_090250_zps4b312f76.jpg

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i48_IdeTPT67_20131218_090256_zpse6f9d646.jpg

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Now, if only I can be convincing to allow this to happen.

VII

Mar 28, 2013
MN
twodogs603 said:
What is the purple wire you tapped into?

The purple wire I tapped into is the brake light circuit. This wire was given to my by Ford. They made it clear that the circuit was not intended to be interrupted due to local law, but they said that if we needed to, then this is the only place that they recommend doing it.

This wire is located in between the switch and the BCM, therefore does not require extra relays/resistance to accomplish the brake kill feature.

The wire is actually Purple/White.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
VII said:
The purple wire I tapped into is the brake light circuit. This wire was given to my by Ford. They made it clear that the circuit was not intended to be interrupted due to local law, but they said that if we needed to, then this is the only place that they recommend doing it.

This wire is located in between the switch and the BCM, therefore does not require extra relays/resistance to accomplish the brake kill feature.

Does this vehicle have the shifter lock on it, and does the kill feature prevent the shifter from moving? If not, is there another wire from the brake switch that goes to the shifter lock?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
please tell me that isn't speaker wire!

VII

Mar 28, 2013
MN
ERM said:
Does this vehicle have the shifter lock on it, and does the kill feature prevent the shifter from moving? If not, is there another wire from the brake switch that goes to the shifter lock?

The vehicle does have the Shift lock.

This ignition Chime wire does not effect the lock in any way.

However,

The wire that you can see that I split with the speaker wire is the wire that I use for the brake kill; When you split this wire not only do you disable the brake lights, but it also prevents the shifter from moving.

Let me know if you have any questions about this!

Edmontonsecurity

May 21, 2014
Alberta canada

So in theory if I add a switch in between this wire, I can kill my brake lights?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.