Police Interceptor Sedan Rear Headliner Lighting

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Is there anything aftermarket out there similar to the factory rear headliner lighting (663)? Or does anyone have a spare set-up (red/red or red/amber)? Thought Code 3 made one but I was wrong.

PI Sedan Rear Lighting.jpg

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
Do you have tinted windows? Because Soundoff has a new shroud for the mPowers that fits right up against glass and is very clean. But with that being said, I wouldn't mount the mPowers behind tint.

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
Could put in Ion spitfires, which almost the exact same as the factory ford option

That's what I would do also. You can cut the shroud to contour the rear window with a Dremel or something. You can also sync them if you go a little DIY on them.

Since they're a regular ION after you set your pattern you can remove the lighthead from the shroud, cut and cap the scan-lock wire, and then crimp the capped grey sync wire to the cut scan-lock wire going to the plug. Cut the plug off and wire your two lightheads together and now you have a pair on IONs with shrouds that you can sync with each other and all the other rear lighting. You could even swap the ION for a ION DUO, TRIO, or V-Series if you wanted.

They should really just make a syncable ION spitfire or sell the shrouds separately at a reasonable price.

Reactions: got_yogurt

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.