the Mother of all Throw Lights

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
IMG_3052.jpg So I'm planning on taking a Whelen B6T, adding mags and wiring it up to a cig plug...mother of god!!

Reactions: Tony P

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Could you substitute a C7 SurfaceMax lighthead in place of the 700-series Super-LED lighthead, and a R316 Rota-Beam beacon in place of the RB6T beacon?

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Hope you've got a truck sized dash board to put that thing on, or a lot of real estate on your car roof, lol.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Hey I'm back! So this "why hasn't anyone done this before?" moment is brought to you due to fall cleaning!
I think that with two 3" mags and some crafty wiring I've got myself the ultimate plowing beacon! Ain't no way this bad boy gonna get iced and snowed over.

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
Glad to see you doing this and keep us posted. I always thought that those models (either rotator or LED) with a strobe in the lower section would be a cool project - tie an opticom into the bottom half and you're all set (kind of).

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I used to carry a full size Sho me 5mm LED 48 inch lightbar all Red in the back seat of my truck and would literally pull over and toss it on my roof as a throw light when I would get a call. It had 6 95 pound magnets on it.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.