Good to see Mexico does not have a shortage of lights and sirens.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
First off, RIP Gabriel. You had a good send-off by your amigos in prep for the eternal realm.

2nd, the only reason I can understand some of these rigs having a METRIC TON of lightbars, beacons, dashlights, grill lights, and sirens, is that most Mexican civilian drivers don't have any respect to move over for them when they are on a run. Granted the U.S. has its fair share of "special" drivers who suffer from HUA Syndrome, but they must have it much worse down there for ambulance companies to add overkill on top of overkill just so they can do their job more effectively. I'm sure they burn through alternators like none other as well :confused:.

Reactions: Station 3

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Here in my area literally on the Mexican border we have a problem with Mexicans... and Canadians.. they both don't respect lights and sirens. The Mexicans just frankly don't give a crap and most will lie to your face forge fake insurance or Drivers license or just outright try to pay you off to leave them alone.. which we then remind them they are in the United States and they get the book thrown at them then they try to lie and forge fake documents to give the judge as evidence which then gets them arrested at the court room.. And well the Canadians they like the weather so they flock down here like birds and well most are older than dirt and well they cant see or hear you or they honestly don't give a a crap I don't know at this point but my god do they love to complain and file complaints on deputys or officers if you don't put on a turn signal near them.

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
The first thing I can only assume, Mexico's "national lighting standards" were written by the lead installer on Ecto-1. Second, so grateful for the silence of our processions here in the states.

Reactions: Station 3

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
And they still use mechanical sirens on ambulances. That's not so common in the US any more.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.