Feniex Mirror Concept

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA

Yeah this was discussed on Facebook after Feniex tried to get people to guess what it was. My thought is that with the exception of a very undercover car it is a fail of sorts.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I think this idea and smart phone/tablet control (Bluetooth) of lights/sirens are both cool "in theory," but are not very realistic or practical for use on most EVs.

First off, I'd be squinting to see what each little button is on the RVM (probably a lot longer than it'd take for me to glance at a normal control head mounted in the dash or center console). Aside from the audible warning buttons, I really don't think there are any buttons that we need quick access to while driving (I mean, how often do you need to look down to control the TA, TDs, Alleys, etc while you're driving a hard code 3 at like 70 mph?? Most of the accessory buttons are usually stuff that I only activate when pulling up/parked on scene). Also, I feel that many of us quickly get acclimated to where the center console controls in our vehicles are without having to look down; although it was initially frustrating when our SUVs went from the Whelen 295 controls (with the siren knob in the middle was an easy "reference point") to cencom golds a while back, I eventually was able to control the cencom without having to look down after getting used to the feel of it & knowing where the 5 siren/horn buttons. For that reason, I personally never liked the idea of tablets being used as controls b/c there is no feel of a button or switch

Last edited by a moderator:

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Resurrecting this thread!

Surprised I had not seen this mentioned on the Site yet.

Apparently Feniex is looking at bringing this to fruition. Pretty cool, and excited to see this, and hopefully it will remain affordable!!

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
That's pretty bad ass!!
Although being 6'7" tall and having my seat back all the way, wouldn't be the easiest for me to use the switching capabilities.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
We purchased three of the original units and sold two of them right away. put the other in our demo. Its nice but I think its a luxury thing. I prefer the tactile feedback. We are now selling the demo vehicle too so we are stripping it out and wont be putting it in the next vehicle that already has a camera and onstar built in

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Nice test bench.
I'd love one of those!!

I don't see this as being very practical, with the exception of deep undercovery vehicles. While the concept is cool, I see it as nothing more than a novelty. I know that this product will probably provide valuable research for them for future products, it's just not going to be a hot ticket item for them.

What I'd rather see them spending their time developing tri-color, tri-mode lights, new and improved flash patterns which sync across all products and a "Blue print" type system with unlimited programing abilities.

Just my thoughts though...

nickDPS

Apr 30, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I'd love one of those!!

I don't see this as being very practical, with the exception of deep undercovery vehicles. While the concept is cool, I see it as nothing more than a novelty. I know that this product will probably provide valuable research for them for future products, it's just not going to be a hot ticket item for them.

What I'd rather see them spending their time developing tri-color, tri-mode lights, new and improved flash patterns which sync across all products and a "Blue print" type system with unlimited programing abilities.

Just my thoughts though...

I agree completely with this. If they don't get rolling on tri-color and tri-mode and a blue print equivalent they are going to get passed up and it will be hard for them to catch up, like what has happened to a few other manufacturers.

But also in my area no one wants to spend the money on a blue print type system so what do i know!

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
I don't use the 4200 or know much about it, but couldn't it be connected to any Bluetooth monitor?

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
Is this still in production ? Its not even listed on their own website. I wonder if the ones available on other site are some left over from the first batch .

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
I contacted feniex today and they told me that it's not in production anymore but some dealer still carry it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.