Did Code 3 make green XL domes?

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
Tried to get this answered quickly on Facebook but no dice. Now I turn to the experts (that’s you all).

Did Code 3 make green XL domes?

Would assume so given existence of SD and LP green domes, but only green XL dome I’ve seen is in below video and perhaps it was homemade (not that I’ve come across a ton of green SD or LP domes but there are a few out there).

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2013
PA
I know this light.. the Green is actually the cellophane wrap found in Easter baskets wrapped around a clear XL dome.
This video is from a friend of mine down south..
Pretty ingenious if you ask me.. he just wanted to make a light that had every color.. and there it is.

Rob

Reactions: gtpts27

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
Yeah that’s my interest as well (as is probably obvious given my recent Aero 25 post). Thanks Rob.

Have the same light and trying to decide what I want to do with it. I’d consider a Ghostbusters ambulance but probably out of my price range and no good place to park it!

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I should have been clearer- what lightbar was mounted on the Ghostbusters ambulance and wasn't there some green?

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I should have been clearer- what lightbar was mounted on the Ghostbusters ambulance and wasn't there some green?

I'm not a ghost busters aficionado, but the 2nd movie car had clear XL5000s that had the rotator filters.. I think just about every color including green. Code 3 made filters in blue, red, amber, and Green.

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
Yes. Here’s youtube vids of front (one w red) and rear (blue). Not my vids. These are from Ghostbusters 2. Original Ghostbusters had an all blue domes w speaker grill.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
looks like theres green in every bar on the car.. looks like im going to have to pull the old vhs out...

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
Yes in GBII both bars had green filters (which two videos in my post above show). Purpose of this thread, though, is to find out if Code 3 ever made green domes for the XL (well known that green rotator filters were made). Thanks Rob for noting one in video in first post was homemade. Anyone know if any were factory made?

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
Yes, they made green XL filters for the rotators.

No, they didn't make green domes.

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
Appreciate response. That is what I assumed and, frankly, hoped was the case... otherwise I’d be forever on look for one.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.