2017 Dodge Charger (civilian) POV

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Finally made a quick video of my new charger I've got setup for POV use in the event I need to respond while I'm out. I typically use my assigned FD car for 95% of my responses so the charger probably won't see much use as a response vehicle. But still nice to have in the event I do need to get somewhere a little quicker.

Control switch is a wireless 20 amp control box. It's mounted under the passenger seat and that is where all the wiring is also.

Front: Feniex Fusion ILB 40* optics.
DRLs are being flashed by an ERM programmable flasher (I highly recommend them).

Rear: Feniex cobra 800 in rear window (behind 5% tint and still punches through great).
Brakes/Reverse lights are being flashed by ERM TLF (again, highly recommend).

The brake lights, turn signals and reverse lights once I trigger any of those, they deactivate the flasher so the lights function like they normally would so traffic behind me knows if I'm stopping, turning etc.

Anyways, let me know what you think or if you have any questions about how I did anything.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks nice! Although I realize that the chargers aren't the best for grill lights (the grill sucks for upfitting lol), a pair of red grill lights would really look solid. FHP (Florida) has grill lights in their unmarked chargers (admin staff like LTs and above) that look clean, but I'm guessing that they get them special from Code 3 since they have custom C3 warning items (they pay their troopers horribly, but they've been using very effective, custom-programmed javelins and TAs for quite a few years)

Although it won't be used often, any plan to add something for the side/intersection (i.e. A pair of SOS intersectors and call it a day)?

Reactions: firemedic10584
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
I probably won't add any more to it. The front DRLs actually give off a decent amount of front corner warning (similar to how older strobes would function in the front marker light area). If I did anything else I may try to make it so the front side marker light and rear side marker light flash back and forth so it maintaines a stock / undercover look.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I probably won't add any more to it. The front DRLs actually give off a decent amount of front corner warning (similar to how older strobes would function in the front marker light area). If I did anything else I may try to make it so the front side marker light and rear side marker light flash back and forth so it maintaines a stock / undercover look.
Sounds good. It doesn't sound like you wanna drill (understandably) but you should def check out vids/pics online of the 2017 FHP chargers, which started using blue hide-a-blasts for side warning near the marker lights. I'm usually not a fan of surface mount LAWs (especially Code 3 lights), but they actually look pretty good when lit up and are clean cuz they sit flush

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Don't talk me into adding more lol..ive already got an addiction and you're feeding the desire to add more lights haha!

The car is actually surprisingly roomy for it being a car. I'm 6'3 and had a truck ever since I've been driving so I wasn't sure how I would like it but I enjoy it. Its only got the v6 but it has plenty of power and I'm getting 21mpg just around town so that is a big plus for me too.

Reactions: pdk9
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Update as of 4/17/18 - added and changed some things.

Equipment is as follows -

Front: Feniex Fusion ILB, ERM flasher on the DRLs and Speed Turtle flasher flashing the fogs.

Sides - Speed turtle module flashing just the rear side marker lights (for now).

Rear - Feniex Cobra 800 rear window, ERM flasher used for the brake and reverse lights, Speed Turtle flashing the LED ring and 3rd brake light, Feniex Fusion R/A modules on a LP bracket.

What do yall think? I'm debating removing the ERM flashes and letting the Speed Turtle just flash everything together...

Reactions: Hunter Matthews

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Update as of 4/17/18 - added and changed some things.

Equipment is as follows -

Front: Feniex Fusion ILB, ERM flasher on the DRLs and Speed Turtle flasher flashing the fogs.

Sides - Speed turtle module flashing just the rear side marker lights (for now).

Rear - Feniex Cobra 800 rear window, ERM flasher used for the brake and reverse lights, Speed Turtle flashing the LED ring and 3rd brake light, Feniex Fusion R/A modules on a LP bracket.

What do yall think? I'm debating removing the ERM flashes and letting the Speed Turtle just flash everything together...

Any chance you can have the DRLs and fogs flash together up front? I think it looks a little tacky having them not synced

As for the rear, I’d leave the ERM triple flash alternating reverse and brake, and disconnect the speed turtle flashing the outer ring. I think flashing the whole “outer ring” brake light has looked tacky ( like a toy car) on every charger that I’ve ever seen it with.

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Any chance you can have the DRLs and fogs flash together up front? I think it looks a little tacky having them not synced

As for the rear, I’d leave the ERM triple flash alternating reverse and brake, and disconnect the speed turtle flashing the outer ring. I think flashing the whole “outer ring” brake light has looked tacky ( like a toy car) on every charger that I’ve ever seen it with.

I'm going to mess around with it tomorrow - the only way I can get the front DRLs and Fogs to sync up is to disconnect the ERM flasher up front which I may mess around with tomorrow and just see how it looks. I'll probably turn the LED ring in the back off as well as the 3rd brake light. I mainly bought the ST module to just flash the 2 side marker LED lights to give me some type of side coverage (I don't clear intersections which my POV so it's not a major issue, but still) but the ST module doesn't support the front side marker light...go figure lol.

Hunter Matthews

Jul 27, 2016
Laurinburg, NC
I'm going to mess around with it tomorrow - the only way I can get the front DRLs and Fogs to sync up is to disconnect the ERM flasher up front which I may mess around with tomorrow and just see how it looks. I'll probably turn the LED ring in the back off as well as the 3rd brake light. I mainly bought the ST module to just flash the 2 side marker LED lights to give me some type of side coverage (I don't clear intersections which my POV so it's not a major issue, but still) but the ST module doesn't support the front side marker light...go figure lol.

I know of someone in search of the ERM for the front! LOL

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.