Whelen Cencom Carbide Programming - Button to Enable Horn Ring

Mar 25, 2014
TX
Hello All,

I'm trying to program something that I thought would be rather simple, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I want to program a button on my Carbide controller to enable the horn ring air horn when depressed. So....when it's not on, I can use my factory car horn. When I press the button, any time I honk my horn, it's the air horn.

Trouble is, it seems like everything I try just makes the air horn turn on as soon as the button is depressed. Any ideas on how to program this function?

Attached is the screen I'm working with, and all the outputs that my installer enabled.

code352

May 26, 2010
Ontario, Canada
If I understand you correctly, you should be using the switch in question to enable/disable the horn relay output, which will route your horn to the factory horn, or to the horn ring input.

Mar 25, 2014
TX
If I understand you correctly, you should be using the switch in question to enable/disable the horn relay output, which will route your horn to the factory horn, or to the horn ring input.

Yes, that's what I want to do. On the screen shown above, if I enable "HornRelay" with the Flash pattern as "On," the air horn immediately activates with the press of the button, and only deactivates when I turn the button off.

It should be noted that I have changed the button type to "press on / press off", that was just an oversight when taking the screen shot.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.