Your favourite 'weird' vehicles, some real, some "photoshops"

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Seeing the LTI on the side of the pump housing makes me think it may have some sort of snorkel or boom hidden away uptop as well

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Seeing the LTI on the side of the pump housing makes me think it may have some sort of snorkel or boom hidden away uptop as well

That just makes it all the better. Now I have to have this! I wonder if they'll ever put it up for auction once it's out of service? They'd probably take all the cool stuff off. I totally dig the AeroDynic Model 22 at the front. It's like icing on the cake.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
I believe it is already out of service, and in the hands of a private collector. there are photos of it in water, with just "City Of" on the bow

Edit:
Screen-Shot-2016-07-24-at-7.45.02-PM.png

Those guys look a little out of uniform...

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I believe it is already out of service, and in the hands of a private collector. there are photos of it in water, with just "City Of" on the bow

Edit:

I also question what the one guy's drinking. It may appear to be water, but it could be the old vodka in the water bottle trick. Once saw a guy try that one at his sentencing hearing for impaired driving causing bodily harm as well as a few other charges. Showed up wasted and tried to bring the bottle into the courtroom three times. Judge said if he tried again, he'd be facing more charges. Ended up getting a nice stay in our old county jail. That place was an absolute hellhole. No water bottles allowed there. He even tried to get his "water" bottle again before he was taken into custody! The bailiffs were not amused. Ended up with a couple of extra charges and more time lol! The bailiffs were amused. We all were. He must have been badly dehydrated! Turned out to be gin. Might explain why the courtroom smelled like an evergreen forest.

Also, the other guy is showing BLATANT disrespect for that Aero 22!! Can't tell if it's a 22H or 22I, but Disrespect of an AeroDynic is a criminal offense. These pinheads are completely undeserving of such a wonderful craft!

It's our duty as eLB members to pool our funds and rescue this gem before these idiots disrespect it even more. I bet that they use the lights and sirens for parties, too. I swear, if there's a Q on that, I think that we'll all be more than a little miffed. If there is, these cementheads probably use it to announce tequila shots.

Reactions: BLUELIGHT

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
I also question what the one guy's drinking. It may appear to be water, but it could be the old vodka in the water bottle trick. Once saw a guy try that one at his sentencing hearing for impaired driving causing bodily harm as well as a few other charges. Showed up wasted and tried to bring the bottle into the courtroom three times. Judge said if he tried again, he'd be facing more charges. Ended up getting a nice stay in our old county jail. That place was an absolute hellhole. No water bottles allowed there. He even tried to get his "water" bottle again before he was taken into custody! The bailiffs were not amused. Ended up with a couple of extra charges and more time lol! The bailiffs were amused. We all were. He must have been badly dehydrated! Turned out to be gin. Might explain why the courtroom smelled like an evergreen forest.

Also, the other guy is showing BLATANT disrespect for that Aero 22!! Can't tell if it's a 22H or 22I, but Disrespect of an AeroDynic is a criminal offense. These pinheads are completely undeserving of such a wonderful craft!

It's our duty as eLB members to pool our funds and rescue this gem before these idiots disrespect it even more. I bet that they use the lights and sirens for parties, too. I swear, if there's a Q on that, I think that we'll all be more than a little miffed. If there is, these cementheads probably use it to announce tequila shots.
I mean...not that pulling up on a beach for an unplanned beach party would be a bad thing...but these 2 look like they are 1 DUI away from an lengthy stay in a state facility..

Reactions: WhelenNDealin

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Throw in the fact that they're not wearing life jackets, too. Maybe they think that because they're on a decommissioned fire boat-truck that they're immune to drowning. These two clowns look like they'd believe that type of thing.

The one guy leaning on that Aero 22 still really gets under my skin. It's not a bloody armrest!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
So I blowed up the pic and it appears the guy isn't leaning on the bar.... He's rubbing it....

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
So I blowed up the pic and it appears the guy isn't leaning on the bar.... He's rubbing it....

It all depends how. If it's in admiration of the bar, that's a bit odd, but fine. If that's the case, then he's probably an eLB member. If it's in any other way, not fine. The dude looks like he's rubbing the bar like he's trying to get women's attention. Dude looks like he's a David Faustino impersonator trying to play Bud Bundy.

Correction: the only David Faustino impersonator.

Reactions: JazzDad

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
For additional info on the vehicle type, search Wisconsin Dells Ducks.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
For additional info on the vehicle type, search Wisconsin Dells Ducks.
Thats the WW2 type DUKW trucks, developed in 1942-43
The LARC-V came about in the 1950's. the hulls are farily different, with the DUKW having a near flat bow, while the LARC-V has a traditional "Boat"m shaped bow

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I sort of meant the general style. The mark II DUKW had Austenitic stainless steel (type 316L) bolts on the motor mounts, whereas the mark III had...

Reactions: WhelenNDealin

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
"fire car" holds 5 liters of water... and can pump 1 gallon a minute... (as long as car is running)

Reactions: jph2

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan

Edit:

Had two of these in Virginia Beach. Got some good stories about piloting one....

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
So they are either looking straight down or drive laying down

That's why it's so dark so you can't tell they are in their sleeping...

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Der Polizei is busy investigating the seemingly endless sprees of scheiße related crimes in Germany. This one must have been a biggie! Look at all of the resources they're dumping into this one (no pun intended).

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I also like the spelling in Cymraeg.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I like the Fact they take Rich People to the Hospital in Mercedes not GMC Pickup Ambulances! Talk about going in style, does it come with a Valet and Butler???

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.