XT30x series/Narrowstik compatibility and XT3-series question

mls60442

Jul 18, 2010
IL
I recently got two Code 3 XT304 bars in A/W and on XT302 in A/W.

If I can find a decently priced 6-head Narrowstik, would I be able to switch the heads from the XT304s into a Narrowstik directional bar with TIR3 style heads? I would like to have an W/A/A/A/A/W 6-head directional with warning. The lighthead swap would only be necessary depending on the color combo of the of the Narrowstick I can find.

Also, a secondary question. The XT302 looks like it has a hot surface warning decal on it. How hot do these get? I was planning on mounting this in the front window up near the headliner. It won't be used a lot but there are times it could be on for several hours depending on the job I'm on.

StevenJay

Oct 15, 2018
Lake Forest, IL
I recently got two Code 3 XT304 bars in A/W and on XT302 in A/W.

If I can find a decently priced 6-head Narrowstik, would I be able to switch the heads from the XT304s into a Narrowstik directional bar with TIR3 style heads? I would like to have an W/A/A/A/A/W 6-head directional with warning. The lighthead swap would only be necessary depending on the color combo of the of the Narrowstick I can find.

Also, a secondary question. The XT302 looks like it has a hot surface warning decal on it. How hot do these get? I was planning on mounting this in the front window up near the headliner. It won't be used a lot but there are times it could be on for several hours depending on the job I'm on.

Kinda confusing because TIR lights are whelen and narrowstik is code 3 but I get what your trying to get at.
The XT lights would not fit right into a dominator 6 head housing because from the 6 head dominator I have, the lights slide in (after removing one of the plastic end caps) and are spaced correctly by the little plastic dividers that have a small post) that secures into the lights screw hole. You would have much better luck just trying to find a decently priced used XT306 that way the lights will go right in. If you can find one you could always call code 3 parts and get the 6 head housing. If its mounted in the front you wouldnt want the directional bar type flashing would you? If so you would have to rewire the bar so all the LED have the same power (+) wire and run all the grounds (-) out from each light head on its own separate wire to extend to a narrowstik controller. The directional bar controls are ground switched so that's how that would have to go. Hope this helps alittle. And the lights have to dissipate heat somehow so yeah that housing will probably get warm. Turn it on for 15-30 minutes, let it run and then carefully check how hot it is. That's what I would do.

mls60442

Jul 18, 2010
IL
New question as I'm looking to mount these soon. What is the wiring diagram for these? I can't find anything since Code 3 changed the web address. Red is power, Black is ground, Yellow and Blue I assume is sync and pattern change I imagine. Which is which?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.