For Sale Motorola Light Box/Relays

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I am not familiar with this swithh box. Is it a speciality controller or is it for standard vehicle switching? Do you have a model number or pdf?

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Sort of specialty.
Motorola HLN1198 or HLN12** (can’t remember right now). One of those model numbers are 7on/off push buttons and 1 momentary. The other is 6 on/off push buttons with 2 momentaries.
Each switch is only rated to handle about a half an amp. You will NEED to wire these to relays. (Which this auction is super nice because it looks like it comes with a relay control box.)
Uses a DB25 cable for connections. 7 switches have 3 connections. Common, Normally open, and Normally closed. One switch (#4 I think) only has common and either NO or NC (again... can’t remeber which) So you can customize your functionality. The remaining 2 wires in the DB25 cable are ground and 12v for backlighting.

I have one in use in my truck. Very nice. I originally had both versions but ended up selling the second one I had. I ended up wiring mine up so they were ground switched.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I purchased one from him. Yes they are indipendent units. The control head is not a serial control. This sale comes with a relay box. To the best of my knowledge, Motorola does not make a standalone relay box. The box that this includes is well built. It uses a standard computer cable for wiring to activate the relays. If you want to use your own relays to activate you can just cut the cable end and use those leads to connect to.

The relay box included here is only positive switching. If you wire relays directly to the control head you can use positive or negative switching.

The only drawback to these particular units is that the last 2 switches are momentary. Some control heads only have one momentary but not these.

If I needed another I would buy one from him. The only thing I would request is that it be packed in a bigger box. The one he shipped to me was in a box about 2 inches *smaller* then the unit and no packing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.