**UPDATED INFO.** So? is anyone else going to John Dorgan's funeral?

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
I cant make it, but how about taking a collection on ELB for a nice arangement or a dontaion in John's name to his favorite charity? im game for that.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I'm up to that as well.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I will be making the memorial thread into a book for his family, then making the thread a permanent memorial here. The link below has info for sending flowers and donations.

The arrangements are through East Lawn Palms Mortuary, 5801 East Grant Road, Tucson, AZ 85712 520-885-6741. Friends and family are invited to attend a Memorial Service on Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. at EAST LAWN PALMS MORTUARY, 5801 E. Grant Road

John Dorgan Obituary: View Obituary for John Dorgan by East Lawn Palms Mortuary, Tucson, AZ

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
JohnMarcson said:
I will be making the memorial thread into a book for his family, then making the thread a permanent memorial here. The link below has info for sending flowers and donations.

The arrangements are through East Lawn Palms Mortuary, 5801 East Grant Road, Tucson, AZ 85712 520-885-6741. Friends and family are invited to attend a Memorial Service on Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. at EAST LAWN PALMS MORTUARY, 5801 E. Grant Road

John Dorgan Obituary: View Obituary for John Dorgan by East Lawn Palms Mortuary, Tucson, AZ

Thank you, I will be sending flowers.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
JohnMarcson said:

It's so interesting to read the obituary and look at the pictures. Up until now, I had no clue what John looked like, what he did, or even how many kids he had. So odd to see someone who I just considered a great information well really shown as a real person with a real life.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
I planned on going if I got approval to take the day off from my supervisor, I finally recieved the approval this morning and of course, right when I am ready to go my starter decides to choose today to go out on my car! ughhh! I hope he has a beautiful memorial service! I am three hours away! Back to work I go for Pm shift!

please share with us how it went Eric6913

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Hello fellow members,

I just came back from my trip to Tucson,AZ.. It was a very nice final goodbye to someone we all loved. His family put together a nice final tribute in the mausoleum. He had full air force honors as well as a nice bag pipe. The reception was at his house afterwards. I must say many, many thanks to the entire Dorgan family for giving me the opportunity to visit with them. I had a great time with the Dorgan's at the reception and stayed there all evening, sharing, visiting, eating and like they said, "I was almost like family". Thank you Joe as well, for giving me the chance to experience his shop, office and museum of lights and sirens! I will most certainly make a trip again in the future. John's passion will live on forever with the whole family for sure. I put together a small tribute myself for the trip on my windows and it was the highlight of the service. I also passed along on behalf of all of us members sincere condolences to the entire Dorgan family.

sirenman.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Skip Goulet said:
Was anyone from this board able to attend John's service?

See above...

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Skip Goulet said:
John: Are you aware of any of our board members who were able to attend John's funeral? I hoped we might be well represented.

Again, see above.

May 21, 2010
Western Montana
Eric, thanks for representing the community as I know it meant a lot to John's family. I had planned to pay John a social visit the Tuesday prior to his death but received the unfortunate news from Helen as I was driving down from Phoenix.

I don't know if any other collectors were there, but appreciate you making the trek from the west coast. And nice graphics!

Marc

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
AuroraBorealis said:
Eric, thanks for representing the community as I know it meant a lot to John's family. I had planned to pay John a social visit the Tuesday prior to his death but received the unfortunate news from Helen as I was driving down from Phoenix.

I don't know if any other collectors were there, but appreciate you making the trek from the west coast. And nice graphics!

Marc

your welcome and yes the entire Dorgan family appreciated it very much.

Joe Dorgan

Mar 14, 2017
Tucson Az.
what ever happened to the memorial that was going to be put together for my Dad on here .I dont see it anywhere

Also I would like to inform everyone that the collection my dad and I created over the years is being sold off . Some items we will pull out of the collection that have sentimental value .The rest are some of the finest pieces ever collected . Feel feel to call Joe for more info. 520 345 9453 or 520 7900196

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
what ever happened to the memorial that was going to be put together for my Dad on here .I dont see it anywhere

Also I would like to inform everyone that the collection my dad and I created over the years is being sold off . Some items we will pull out of the collection that have sentimental value .The rest are some of the finest pieces ever collected . Feel feel to call Joe for more info. 520 345 9453 or 520 7900196
I and @Usmc69187 may be interested. Forever in reverence to your dad, Joe!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

I mean this in the most polite way possible; Much like we did for Darrell Wilson, we created a page of fond memories and condolences for John. Unfortunately as deals started to go bad with Joe people's complaints started leaking onto the page. We thought it would be best to take it down until the situation could be sorted out. Here we are almost ten years later and things are finally calming down. I would love to get a memorial page back up, ideally with pictures of his collection before it is broken up and sold. PM me (or post) pictures of his collection and other fond memories and I will renew the page.

Last edited:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Reactions: stansdds and Dave F
May 21, 2010
Western Montana
Reactions: Maxim2Eng

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.