Odyssey Emergency Vehicles / Odyssey Automotive Specialty

Hello,
for my project „rebuild a Ford Crown Victoria to the FDNY -Fleet Service - Version“,
I need decals / stickers.
I have researched, that the company „Odyssey“ in Wharton / New Jersey is the „maker“ of the FDNY - Vehicles.
Maybe I can asked there for informations about the vehicles and for decals.

Did this company exist now? The website exist, but if I click on a button, I came to a Chinese internet site.

Thanks,

Sven

Attachments

• D97DCA73-B3E1-4676-B8E5-80F6EB5CD777.png
    D97DCA73-B3E1-4676-B8E5-80F6EB5CD777.png
    563.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 621CDF6B-8F8E-497C-8B12-045CFE82E2D5.png
    621CDF6B-8F8E-497C-8B12-045CFE82E2D5.png
    482.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 9D7CD1CC-5C7E-47D6-9836-613A99DBA2A0.png
    9D7CD1CC-5C7E-47D6-9836-613A99DBA2A0.png
    549.6 KB · Views: 11

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I googled their website, and when I click on their link, it comes to a page that says “account has been suspended”
So, to me, that tells me they are either out of business, or they have not paid their web hosting server.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Hello,
for my project „rebuild a Ford Crown Victoria to the FDNY -Fleet Service - Version“,
I need decals / stickers.
I have researched, that the company „Odyssey“ in Wharton / New Jersey is the „maker“ of the FDNY - Vehicles.
Maybe I can asked there for informations about the vehicles and for decals.

Did this company exist now? The website exist, but if I click on a button, I came to a Chinese internet site.

Thanks,

Sven
This was their info
317 Richard Mine Rd.
Wharton, NJ 07885
United States
http://www.odysseysv.com (site down)
Phone: 973-328-2667
Toll Free: 800-535-9441
Contact Person: LAURENCE KAHAN
Established:1979

Their Instagram is still up https://www.instagram.com/odysseyspecialtyvehicles/
also their Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/odysseySV/
...neither are updated.

The last I heard from them was when the Whelen Rotabeam 600 came out they had a special mount for it in the grill of their vehicles. I haven't seen anything in the industry from them in a a while.

However there is another New Jersey company that makes these types of vehicles that may be related or just nearby and similar. They seem to have taken a lot of Odessey accounts.

Last edited:

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
Odyssey filed for bankruptcy and was sold off at auction. It has kind of "morphed" into First Priority Emergency Vehicles of Flanders, NJ. Their website now says: "Odyssey™ is a trademark of First Priority Emergency Vehicles, Inc."

First Priority is the current upfitter for FDNY light duty trucks such as Silverado battalion vehicles and NYPD ESU-type light & medium duty trucks. Not sure who upfits the RMP's these days.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Odyssey filed for bankruptcy and was sold off at auction. It has kind of "morphed" into First Priority Emergency Vehicles of Flanders, NJ. Their website now says: "Odyssey™ is a trademark of First Priority Emergency Vehicles, Inc."

First Priority is the current upfitter for FDNY light duty trucks such as Silverado battalion vehicles and NYPD ESU-type light & medium duty trucks. Not sure who upfits the RMP's these days.

Thanks for confirming this, I thought they were related.

I googled their website, and when I click on their link, it comes to a page that says “account has been suspended”
So, to me, that tells me they are either out of business, or they have not paid their web hosting server.
Yes, that was my guess too...

This was their info
317 Richard Mine Rd.
Wharton, NJ 07885
United States
http://www.odysseysv.com (site down)
Phone: 973-328-2667
Toll Free: 800-535-9441
Contact Person: LAURENCE KAHAN
Established:1979

Their Instagram is still up https://www.instagram.com/odysseyspecialtyvehicles/
also their Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/odysseySV/
...neither are updated.

The last I heard from them was when the Whelen Rotabeam 600 came out they had a special mount for it in the grill of their vehicles. I haven't seen anything in the industry from them in a a while.

However there is another New Jersey company that makes these types of vehicles that may be related or just nearby and similar. They seem to have taken a lot of Odessey accounts.
Hello JohnMarcson,
thank you for the information. That sounds good... "First Prority Group". They make decals for emergency vehicles. Maybe this company can help me with the FDNY-Decals (yellow and white stripes and the seal of the FDNY. I hope it is possible that I as a "private person" in Germany can get this decals.

NPS Ranger,
thank you for this information. So I think this company is the right address/partner for me and my project. I hope it is possible to get this decals from the FDNY.

I believe Major still upfits the NYPD RMPs
Yes, Major Police Supply. I heard that this company is equipping the NYPD-Vehicles. I have forgot this name of the company... thanks for the information and the name of the comapany.

Hello,
I asked „First Priority Group“ for the decals. The company gets the decals directly from FDNY and then sticks the vehicles and builds them up in the company. Unfortunately they cannot send me decals.

So i have to look elsewhere for the decals (yellow and white stripes, foil for the door-sticker).

delcofirecop

Jul 22, 2012
usa pa
Hello,
I asked „First Priority Group“ for the decals. The company gets the decals directly from FDNY and then sticks the vehicles and builds them up in the company. Unfortunately they cannot send me decals.

So i have to look elsewhere for the decals (yellow and white stripes, foil for the door-sticker).
Why not just have a set made by a local shop off of images or try contacting the Fdny Museum maybe they will help since you’re not local

Why not just have a set made by a local shop off of images or try contacting the Fdny Museum maybe they will help since you’re not local
Hello delcofirecop,
yes, this idea is good. I found some local sign shops, they can create the decals. The problem is, I need the original foil from the USA, because there is no hologramme in the foil and it has matt color, not glossy like in Europe/Germany.
I found a sign shop in the USA, the make decals and foils for police cars and ambulances and fire trucks. We wrote a lot of emails. I got very good information. This company gets its foils from ORAFOL, in Germany.
The ORAFOL company is directly with me in the City of Oranienburg, my hometown. It's such a big coincidence. That's really funny, US police and fire vehicles have foil from Germany.
I ask there whether there are any differences between the foil in the USA and in Germany. Maybe I have to buy foil in the US ...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.