Lectric Lites Strobe Ranger LL300

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Finally have some time to pull out and give this bar a wipe down.
Quite the rare bird, both bar and blue lenses.

Seems to be a very basic version of the LL300, the few others I have seen are setup differently, usually with par 36 flashers inboard. This bar has inner V mirrors and 4 lense refractors on each strobe tube.

I am going to summon the experts on this one, as I am missing a power cable I just want to make sure I am hooking this back up properly.
@tsquale Any words of wisdom before I blow the whole thing up.. lol.

lectriclites1.jpglectriclites5.jpglectriclites2.jpglectriclites4.jpglectriclites3.jpg

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So I had some free time this afternoon, the weather cooperated more and I ran with it.

Boy did this manufacturer have some surprises. Mostly Fiberglass, probably so rare because its pretty fragile when you get down to it.

So there was no wiring harness with this bar.. had a quick connect socket so I can't say if this was factory or done later. My money is on factory considering how everything is pretty buttoned up inside. This would not be an easy bar to work on and repair.. even if you had the parts.

So underside...

Ranger1.jpgRanger2.jpg

I needed to verify polarity at the minimum and nothing was grounding to any of the little amounts of metal on the bar.. mostly because the whole subframe is fiberglass.

Some additionals taken as I took the bar down.

Ranger5.jpg Ranger3.jpgRanger6.jpgRanger4.jpg

The last 2 are actually the opposite ends.. just taken from different angles.

Last edited:

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Wow this is much different than the more fully loaded ones I have owned. I unfortunately haven't had time to get in to mine again to help with wiring.

Dec 15, 2016
Joseph, Oregon
Finally have some time to pull out and give this bar a wipe down.
Quite the rare bird, both bar and blue lenses.

Seems to be a very basic version of the LL300, the few others I have seen are setup differently, usually with par 36 flashers inboard. This bar has inner V mirrors and 4 lense refractors on each strobe tube.

I am going to summon the experts on this one, as I am missing a power cable I just want to make sure I am hooking this back up properly.
@tsquale Any words of wisdom before I blow the whole thing up.. lol.

View attachment 233272View attachment 233268View attachment 233271View attachment 233269View attachment 233270
I am looking for two of the polycarbonate lenses for the ranger bar, looks like you have 4 in each side, would you be willing to part with 2? Thanks/Ryan

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I am looking for two of the polycarbonate lenses for the ranger bar, looks like you have 4 in each side, would you be willing to part with 2? Thanks/Ryan

Sorry, not looking to part out a fully functioning bar.

Reactions: stansdds and Tony P

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I'd like to add that I firmly believe this to be one of the FIRST iterations of this bar based on several factors.

1. The "label" front and back is not what is commonly found for these bars. It lacks the logo and is very plainly done. They also moved to the endcaps on most survivors.
2. The internal strobe setup is very "plain" and again, atypical nothing that I have ever seen in my ownership of three of these and others I have seen photos of.
3. The screw in the back speaker cover that (as a guess) is attached to the rear of the speaker's driver is not something that carried on to later models. My assumption is that they quickly found out that bouncing down the road, this screw likely ended up quickly cracking and breaking the housing.

I've yet to find anything about production numbers for any of their products. This is a true collector piece for someone who is serious about the hobby.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I'd like to add that I firmly believe this to be one of the FIRST iterations of this bar based on several factors.

1. The "label" front and back is not what is commonly found for these bars. It lacks the logo and is very plainly done. They also moved to the endcaps on most survivors.
2. The internal strobe setup is very "plain" and again, atypical nothing that I have ever seen in my ownership of three of these and others I have seen photos of.
3. The screw in the back speaker cover that (as a guess) is attached to the rear of the speaker's driver is not something that carried on to later models. My assumption is that they quickly found out that bouncing down the road, this screw likely ended up quickly cracking and breaking the housing.

I've yet to find anything about production numbers for any of their products. This is a true collector piece for someone who is serious about the hobby.

So one of the few nice things about facebook is the opportunity to meet with people who you probably never would have met in real life. I was contacted by a person, who may or may not be a member here on elb who worked for Llectric Lites and eventually Code3/PSE when they were bought out in the early 80's He had enough information about these bars that I don't think he was bs'ing me but made several comments about this possibly being a first generation bar. From the Metal frame, to the strobe assemblies and configuration. Including power supply orientation and wiring information.

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
I would have to agree. This is either really early or super-late. I have never seen the fiberglass bases on these. and never the 4 lenses surrounding the strobe tube. I'm going with EARLY because the 4 lenses aren't going to give you shit for off-axis output needed to meet SAE specs. Also, like Tony said, the speaker center-bolt would absolutely DESTROY those flimsy speaker housings on the back. I have to agree this is a true early and/or in the prototype stages of these bars' existence. I was never a fan of those damn "magnifying-glass" lenses, they did better w/ the 360-type units on the ends... cool, regardless!

Reactions: JPstealth

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.