Support How to change titles

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change a post title. Is it based on subscription or just...not something I can do?

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
If you're referring to the title of a thread, you would simply edit the first post... the thread title will be included with the edit.

Does that help?

Reactions: Jarred J.
Upvote 0

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
If you're referring to the title of a thread, you would simply edit the first post... the thread title will be included with the edit.

Does that help?

thats what i thought too, however it seems they dont have that option anymore. i checked on my personal account; see below

63F85AD4-59F2-4237-AF3E-1FAC78D60092.png

Upvote 0

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
At the top right of the first post is a drop down menu. In that click edit thread. You can change the title there.
It has not shown up in the edit post box (drop down within the post) for some time.

Upvote 0

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
At the top right of the first post is a drop down menu. In that click edit thread. You can change the title there.
It has not shown up in the edit post box (drop down within the post) for some time.

as mentioned, under my other account, there IS no other drop down box at the top, only the small drop down bottom right as shown, which brings me to the screen i posted above. which dont have an option to edit the title

jman: im doin this on mobile, and havent tried via PC , so maybe thats the issue, ill check on pc when i have a chance

93F8E315-2424-471C-8DE5-C06AA53271F6.pngCD02F1DB-F44E-46F2-BFA4-560323845382.png

Upvote 0

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
Figured it out. It is permissions based. Registered users, silver and gold donors do no have the ability to change this. Platinum and Lifetime members do. I'm guessing when memberships were set up it was one of the perks for the upper level memberships.

Reactions: Dave F
Upvote 0

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Hey guys, sorry to reopen this but is this in fact a perk for a tier? Or let me ask it this way: changing titles is a perk, but I also can't go back and edit any of my replies to things other than my initial post.

Upvote 0

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
Hey guys, sorry to reopen this but is this in fact a perk for a tier? Or let me ask it this way: changing titles is a perk, but I also can't go back and edit any of my replies to things other than my initial post.
Editing ability for posts times out after a certain time frame to prevent substantial content changes.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.