Code 3 Intersection module id

Lyle

Oct 28, 2012
Maine
Discovered 2 of these... unfamiliar with the 4 pin part. I know this is the place for answers and info! Thx!!!image0 (1).jpegimage1.jpeg

Lyle

Oct 28, 2012
Maine
Those are smart intersections. They function as an alley light, a takedown, and as an intersection sweep.
NICE! Now I just need to figure out what's needed to use em!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
NICE! Now I just need to figure out what's needed to use em!
These require a control box that looks similar to a Stingray or seven hundred series flasher. They have a ribbon-like cable that plugs into the pins and then back to the control. Then the control has normal looking wires coming out to the harness, one for each function.

Reactions: Lyle

Lyle

Oct 28, 2012
Maine
So far, that piece appears to be an obscure item to acquire......

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
smart intersections as a whole are a rare find. they were a great concept, and worked awesome

when they worked

however they were prone to failure , between the contact points for each position corroding, and the worm gear cracking and breaking

but, awesome feature to have

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
smart intersections as a whole are a rare find. they were a great concept, and worked awesome

when they worked

however they were prone to failure , between the contact points for each position corroding, and the worm gear cracking and breaking

but, awesome feature to have
I had an MX7000 on an ambulance that was equipped with them. They were setup to become alleys when the side floods were activated. They acted as sweeps when the truck was in "primary" mode. They were kind of cool, but even with the mild usage they failed within a year. We ended up just adding regular alley lights and wired the sweeps as regulars sweeps. Since the MX7000 has room for front AND rear sweeps in addition to alley AND takedown lights with room for more lower deck lights remaining, I don't see the appeal of combining them, especially with the added failure rate. I look at these as an example of an idea that sounds good on paper but in practice it is unnecessary and adds failure points. These were a solution to a problem that didn't exist, there was room for all the features these combined to be separate. Kind of a cool relic of the the "smart halogen" craze era.

MX7000Guy

Jun 2, 2010
Middle of nowhere, VT
I have a few spare modules, and complete smart sweep setups - but I'd have to test them. I'm parting out several red/blue bars since I can't sell them whole.

Lyle

Oct 28, 2012
Maine
I have a few spare modules, and complete smart sweep setups - but I'd have to test them. I'm parting out several red/blue bars since I can't sell them whole.
Please lemme know, I'd love to fully populate this bar. It's new owner is a good friend of mine who wants a period bar for his wrecker. (to be a gift; what friends are for)

Lyle

Oct 28, 2012
Maine
Thanks all, for the education and insight. As John mentioned, there is plenty of room to fully populate this bar - so that is the plan. Probably will sell these off as I think SOMEONE could use them for their intended purpose.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.