Twinsonic CTS overview

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I believe I may have posted some of this bar back in 2015, but the links are broken and I have the opportunity to work on it again as its temporary owner.

I was able to locate a blue dome thanks to a fellow elb member for a fairly good price, and should make its owner happy once I go over it again and get it looking pretty.

Not much to do really, bar is already really clean, probably add some grease and send it on its way.

CTS1.jpg CTS2.jpg

CTS3.jpg CTS4.jpg
CTS5.jpg

For the video folks..

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Those things have one heck of an current draw, about 28 amps. I'm sure it will quickly drain a battery pack.
Some departments preferred to set up Twinsonics with a 45 or 90 degree out of synch flash pattern.

Reactions: kitn1mcc
May 21, 2010
Western Montana
I believe I may have posted some of this bar back in 2015, but the links are broken and I have the opportunity to work on it again as its temporary owner.

I was able to locate a blue dome thanks to a fellow elb member for a fairly good price, and should make its owner happy once I go over it again and get it looking pretty.

Not much to do really, bar is already really clean, probably add some grease and send it on its way.

View attachment 237973 View attachment 237974

View attachment 237975 View attachment 237976
View attachment 237977

For the video folks..
Nice!

Wish I had held onto an all blue 12X I sold a few years ago when I see the current prices for blue lenses these days; could probably double what I sold it for!

Reactions: stansdds

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Yep, prices for all things Twinsonic are now sky high. I have a Model 12, motor indicates mid 1977 production, red domes, the whole thing is in near new condition, permanent mounts, I don't think a speaker was ever installed, looks like it spent its life indoors. Wonder what it is worth today?

@Stampeed Valkyrie, thank for the video!! I LOVE the CTS and would love to have one in my collection. However, a FleeBay CTS with clear domes just went for…(drum roll)…$1,925!! :oops:

Every single speaker Mod 12 I’ve seen has a center mounted speaker. I discovered early on the screws to secure the parts to the aluminum frame would seize very quickly and break off if you tried to remove them. We did a lot of installs for police in KY that later wanted to add a second TS-100 (yes, that is a TS-100), we would, as protocol, install a single speaker on the driver’s side of the speaker tray. That way, if a second speaker was to be installed, we wouldn’t have to move the mid mounted speaker (and remove and re-tap the broken screws).

Early KSP mod 12Xs had a very dark blue dome that the 35 watt bulbs had a hard time penetrating in daylight (KSP didn’t want to spring for 60w bulb). Later domes we’re almost blue-green in hue…more candle power penetration and still identifiable to us Southerers as Po-Po.

Looking forward to the color variants!

Last edited:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I should list this on ebay; but I hate dealing with shipping. Anyone here want it?

Jun 18, 2013
PA
However, a FleeBay CTS with clear domes just went for…(drum roll)…$1,925!!
Yeah I saw this, I don't think this is real pricing.. TBH. Clear domes are hard to find, and a CTS bar in good shape is also hard to find. However not having the CTS Red dome detracts from its value pretty highly. As I mentioned previously we have some Whales that are hyper inflating the market. This causes the #me also effect where everyone thinks that just because 1 bar sold for $$$ that all others are worth the same. This is seen frequently on FB, not to mention anytime someone posts something on Ebay, the FB "douchebags" report the sale and get it taken down. Most likely in an effort to artificially inflate the market and make this hobby of mine even more difficult to enjoy.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I should list this on ebay; but I hate dealing with shipping. Anyone here want it?

Amber 12X, I'd love to work on it. You might be able to get away with this on ebay, since its Amber.

Sure does turn freely! I have NOS red domes if you’re interested.

Several (10?) years ago I paid $125 to have FedEx box and ship a clear-domed 12X I bought…worth it then as they insured it and it arrived undamaged. It didn’t have mounting feet and the X mirrors were reconfigured to face all forward, so I’m sure it was on an ambulance as the domes are near perfect condition with 60w red and clear bulbs.

My PA200 will run at 200 watts with two TS100s.
Yes, indeedy! (Yes, the “y” is intentional.) Sold a lot of TS-100s for that very reason. I moved on from outfitting after college before the AeroDynic came on the scene and the advent of the TS-200 with its “Y” collector tube. Of course, it wouldn’t fit in a Model 12, which had become (Gasp!) obsolete.
7687242C-A58D-4BA4-B285-E98494D9233A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: stansdds

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.