Sad day on the whelen website

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
It seems as though those lovely people at Whelen have revamped their website in lieu of their anniversary and in doing so have finally removed the pages of information of previous hardware from their website. If you went to the Whelen-engineering.com site you would have been able to review every single piece of hardware back about 30 years and the install information programming hardware you name it it was there everything from light bars to lights sirens serial communications products and now it's all gone the page is no longer accessible unless they've hidden it and anyone else knows where to find it. A major resource to us has just been removed I really don't think they understand how much that kind of page means to us or pages cuz it was every single product on our side that we use, and now we're going to have to hope that people still have the files at the company so we'll be able to get emails if some of you haven't already saved parts of that website to your own computers or phones.

• Sad
Reactions: Tony P

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
This is the 2nd time. I recall seeing a similar restructuring shortly after I started getting involved.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
This is the 2nd time. I recall seeing a similar restructuring shortly after I started getting involved.
You are correct the first time they did it when they change the whole product line couple years ago I think it was and they created the Whelen-engineering.com page so all the old products that they had that they were still rummaging about with and stuff had a place to be so you could look it up and find your old product lines without actually having to bother anybody at Whelen since the people that had a clue on that old equipment had been slowly laid off or retired or let go I guess the words and became more difficult to try and find someone that had a clue as to the products that you were talking about because they had no experience in them they had no understanding of how they were used where they were used ways to play with them and get them to do what you wanted to do instead of the way that they had them done. I sent a letter well I responded to one of their Instagram posts about something from the the new website and logo and and stuff and they responded back to me just contact someone and customer support they'll be able to look for that item for you and and send you the appropriate information on yeah right... It took me awhile to find the guy that I actually emailed to his name is John he's a very good guy and he finds me the information that I'm looking for that I couldn't find on the website for items that you guys had needs for and stuff that I still have and stuff that I had purchased to add to my Blink system on my crown Vic I don't have a b Link bar but I have the power supply and I still have strobes that are operating I'm running out of tubes for replacements and just recently picked up the high power switch that hooks up to the b system so I can add on the other things like my vertex and I believe my flasher for my headlights so I can control it through my mpc01 instead of adding additional switches all over the place.

Reactions: Tango7

DeadStone

May 26, 2020
2087 Stonefort RD
Update: For those of you who aren't aware, you can still access the old Whelen website due to the wonders of "Wayback machine." This has recorded a bunch of versions of the website. Navigate to Whelen Website Archive (Wayback Machine) from there you will see the 2022 version of the website. In the upper right corner, you can select the date and year from which you want to see the website.

For those interested in the installation guides portion of the old website, I have attached a second link to the install guides section. If you want a newer version of the documents portion, just navigate through the time slider at the top... Access that here: Whelen Install Guides (Wayback)

It does also appear that the catalogs and other literature loads in in the documents portion. The archives of the main site, go back as far as 1996 I believe. I just stumbled across the idea that it was probably archived at some point on Wayback and it appears as though that thought was correct. I hope this helps those out who don't have access to the files on their computer...

Kind Regards,
Kody

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Update: For those of you who aren't aware, you can still access the old Whelen website due to the wonders of "Wayback machine." This has recorded a bunch of versions of the website. Navigate to Whelen Website Archive (Wayback Machine) from there you will see the 2022 version of the website. In the upper right corner, you can select the date and year from which you want to see the website.

For those interested in the installation guides portion of the old website, I have attached a second link to the install guides section. If you want a newer version of the documents portion, just navigate through the time slider at the top... Access that here: Whelen Install Guides (Wayback)

It does also appear that the catalogs and other literature loads in in the documents portion. The archives of the main site, go back as far as 1996 I believe. I just stumbled across the idea that it was probably archived at some point on Wayback and it appears as though that thought was correct. I hope this helps those out who don't have access to the files on their computer...

Kind Regards,
Kody
This is incredible!!

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Unfortunately, many of the old guides are still gone. A few years ago Whelen hired a company call Lounge Lizard to revamp the website. Lounge Lizard deleted the old install guide section. I reached out to them and their response was to explain to me how all the current products could be accessed on their respective pages. They either just didn't care or couldn't grasp why it mattered that there was still access to the old product installation guides. All deleting them did was increase calls to tech support and make installers frustrated when they couldn't get the guides. It was a senseless thing to do. I know complaints were sent to Whelen, but clearly nothing was ever done about it.

Reactions: Tango7

DeadStone

May 26, 2020
2087 Stonefort RD
Unfortunately, many of the old guides are still gone. A few years ago Whelen hired a company call Lounge Lizard to revamp the website. Lounge Lizard deleted the old install guide section. I reached out to them and their response was to explain to me how all the current products could be accessed on their respective pages. They either just didn't care or couldn't grasp why it mattered that there was still access to the old product installation guides. All deleting them did was increase calls to tech support and make installers frustrated when they couldn't get the guides. It was a senseless thing to do. I know complaints were sent to Whelen, but clearly nothing was ever done about it.
I completely agree with you! I am a happy customer and I enjoy many Whelen products, but in this matter it is pure stupidity. Have a great Friday evening! :)
Kind Regards,
Kody

Reactions: SafetyLighting

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.