T.A.E. Signals Model 20R

May 21, 2010
Western Montana
Has anyone seen this (or have one)? A rather odd clamshell reflector combination around what appears to be a halogen bulb. Motor looks pretty flimsy. Would be interested to see its flash pattern!

Reactions: stansdds

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
That's different. Guess it produces two quick flashes followed by a longer dark period, sort of like Whelen's Strobe II flash sequence.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
"Just because you can do something doesn't necessarily mean that you should do it."
It actually reminds me of this dream I had where all the lights on the emergency vehicles were a stationary bulb with shutters or blinders that rotated around the bulb, blocking the light in what ever sequence you wanted; kind of like a Phenakistiscope. In the dream the lightbars had the blinders on belts or chains circling multiple lights blocking them out in different sequences. For some reason I was getting yelled at for installing too many blinders and having too much "dark time". Here is a crude rendering I made of a beacon version and a lightbar version for no good reason.
dream thing.jpg

crude bar.jpg

May 21, 2010
Western Montana
It actually reminds me of this dream I had where all the lights on the emergency vehicles were a stationary bulb with shutters or blinders that rotated around the bulb, blocking the light in what ever sequence you wanted; kind of like a Phenakistiscope. In the dream the lightbars had the blinders on belts or chains circling multiple lights blocking them out in different sequences. For some reason I was getting yelled at for installing too many blinders and having too much "dark time". Here is a crude rendering I made of a beacon version and a lightbar version for no good reason.
View attachment 239041

View attachment 239042
Why not? Given the bizarre and unique designs we've witnessed over the years, this would fit right in!

Reactions: stansdds

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Took a chance, made the guy an offer and bought one. The reflector on the one I received is just a standard reflector (boooooo hissssss). I'll get a video up later in the week. It was NOS/NIB and is the same model number.

May 21, 2010
Western Montana
Took a chance, made the guy an offer and bought one. The reflector on the one I received is just a standard reflector (boooooo hissssss). I'll get a video up later in the week. It was NOS/NIB and is the same model number.
Tony,

Now that's taking one for the team! It mildly piqued my curiosity but not to the point of parting with some wampum to satisfy that curiosity. Guess it was just an optical illusion that gave it a dual reflector appearance.

Will be interesting to see. Thanks.

Reactions: tsquale

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I'm disappointed that I won't see the double bubble reflector, but you got an ok beacon.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.