Well, thats disappointing

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
So I bought a center rotator section from BH Flasher for my LP6000.
20221007_004702.jpg

Measured my bar to make sure the dimensions he had listed worked, and it was a match. But when I tried to put it on just now, this is what's happening...

20221008_153339.jpg
20221008_153333.jpg

Now what?

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I think you may have to remove these:

943nMjD.jpg

zMtmYyo.jpg

E3glhJb.jpg

They are there to support the speaker grille.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pete L. and ur20v

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
The inner Dome /Speaker grill mounts don't really bother. They still be needed at the all-light LP to secure the Dome.

My be it`s the frame. There are 2 different ones!
Looks like you have the first (older) frame that is flatter than the newer one.

first/older Style
IMG_4658.JPG

newer style
IMG_4660.JPG

IMG_4661.JPG

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Here is an early bar with the all light upgrade. I'm not sure why yours is giving you trouble, I don't see any major differences based on the pics you posted. Maybe you can get the domes off yours and directly compare. You might have to reverse the metal brackets instead of removing them. I will keep looking through my literature for the "all light upgrade direction sheet".

lp6.jpg

Reactions: ur20v

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
I took another look at it yesterday, and removing the braces didn't do anything. My domes are either too long (which I'm guessing is not the case) or the frame is slightly too short, which would jive with what @Benno is saying. And yes, my frame is like the first one.

I discovered that the odd rotator in my bar is a late MX rotator, and the "filter" on that rotator is just a piece of amber coloerd gel or film scotch taped to the reflector.

My bar looks a lot like the one in @JohnMarcson 's photo, minus the center section and alleys, and I'm wondering if I remove the front and rear flashers, can I replace them with another rotator? Hopefully there's enough room? Either way I need to find a handful more amber rotator filters.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I have a bunch of LP parts (rotators and flashers) and filters you can have for the cost of shipping.

Reactions: fp13-2 and ur20v

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Excellent, I'll take them.
Make me a list of exactly what you need, I have lots of parts, more than you'll need. Also it is worth a try mounting your center rotator directly to the frame (remove the bottom bucket) and covering the holes with metallic duct tape. The dome might barely fit then.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I'll monkey with it some more when I get the new stuff. Looks like I just need three rotators and three amber filters.
Ok, I have that covered for sure.

Reactions: ur20v

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Maybe you can ship them with the Whelen 80/90 parts... oops, did I type that out loud? Shame on me.
So don't ship them at all then?

SNOW SYSTEMS

Sep 26, 2010
Illinois
Here is an early bar with the all light upgrade. I'm not sure why yours is giving you trouble, I don't see any major differences based on the pics you posted. Maybe you can get the domes off yours and directly compare. You might have to reverse the metal brackets instead of removing them. I will keep looking through my literature for the "all light upgrade direction sheet".

View attachment 239776
Nice LP John! Amber too right up my alley for a wall item ;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.