Wanted WANTED: Used/Vintage Flat Siren Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
From my "collecting days" back in the day, I still have a few working, electronic sirens. I have a Federal CJ-184, but I'd like to be able to test sirens with a real speaker. So, if you have a used (vintage) square/flat siren speaker, I'm interested. Be Safe & Thank you!

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
From my "collecting days" back in the day, I still have a few working, electronic sirens. I have a Federal CJ-184, but I'd like to be able to test sirens with a real speaker. So, if you have a used (vintage) square/flat siren speaker, I'm interested. Be Safe & Thank you!
I've been listening to electronic sirens for over 50 years, and I've found that the sirens that sound best with the CJ-184 speaker are the late 1960s Federal PA15A (series 1B, 1C, 1D) and PA20A (series 2B, 2C, 2D). They have deep low-pitched slow rising wail and yelp tones.

The newer high-pitched sirens would sound better with a square/flat siren speaker. Higher pitched sirens sound better with smaller speakers.

Reactions: DalmatProd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.