Disney Whelen 9m’s

Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME
I’m super excited, when I was younger traveling to Disney I would always drool over the Whelen 9M’s with strobe traffic advisor on the Disney security vehicles.

This morning during my routine scan of Facebook marketplace a random bar popped up a hour north of me, I looked closely and noticed there was 14 strobes in it.

I took the leap of faith and drove an hour and sure enough it was a near exact model of the Disney bars. The only thing is I need to add dividers in the back instead of 2 solid lens pieces.

I wish I could get a good video because the patterns on the back of this bar are so frigin cool.

B495D289-69BF-4740-96A9-6C3CC1E05925.jpeg
AEBAAB31-5700-4789-84BC-DA5196D9F0BE.jpeg

JPstealth

Nov 11, 2018
North jersey
Very cool! I been on the hunt for one like that too! Do you need a special controller to operate it or just plug and play?

Also the tag on the bottom is there a way you could take a picture? Curious what the exact model is.

Thanks!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
An agency I worked for right when the 9M came out used to run a front only version like this that I called "snow blind". No white cut-off, used for urban and rural 911. It was great until it wasn't. Your bar's backstory is better and less likely to kill you.

The front only version that ruined my night vision for several years that I always told people "wasn't my idea".
snowblind.jpg

.......and for fun the only other trucks I have ever disclaimed as "I didn't outfit those I swear". There was a whole fleet of these "yo dawg heard you like lightbars so I put a lightbar on your lightbar" trucks. Sorry for the off topic pics, I got sidetracked down painful memory lane.

worse.jpgDSCF0002.jpgDSCF2946.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.