'01 Chevy Impala all new equipment. **Updated 07/24/10**

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
Well I posted my car on the old thread and now I am redoing all of the equipment. I am posting the process as I am cleaning and making the bar look like new as I like to clean things before they go on the car. :) Below are the processes I have gone through so far to re-furbish the bar. Then maybe tomorrow I will be able to start installing the bar and box itself. I don't really have anything else going on right now as I didn't have the chance to control more equipment. I am keeping my Hawk-I Gen 1 LED under the RVM but it will soon be replaced. SO enjoy the pictures so far;

I will want to post more pics when I get it assembled and then obviously on the car.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
is that a Vision? I wish there more of those around, the Vector is great but rather limited compared to the Vision.

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
It is a Vision. Always been a secret admirer of the vision due to the function they can provide. Also when I said all new equipment, I mean it is basically all been stripped and new stuff being put on. :) I am excited to get the rest of it put back together and it's almost done. I have a few more pods to put back on and the feet. Blah! I can't wait till I get to start playing with it.

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
OK, so here is a little update my friends. Not a big one. I am still waiting on some parts for the bar so I am not able to install it yet. :( :( But below is the picture of the bar "completed"

Also I need some input on where to place the control head. I have thought of two spots I thought might be best, but wanted a second opinion. Those pics are also below. Option 1 is the overhead console that I thought of to put it originally but I was afraid I would hit my head too many damn times. Option 2 is the ash tray and would be mounted on the bottom so I could still open and use it if need be but I am afraid I would hit my knees to much. :evil: :evil: :twisted:

So now I am not sure. I have no center console and I have a 60/40 bench so I don't really have the ability to add a aftermarket one right?? Anyway, any help would.. well help. ;)

Option 1.jpg

Option 2.jpg

Complete.jpg

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
Station 3 said:

Thanks. I just hope I can get the parts I need now and get it on the car :twisted:

Again, any input on placement of the control head would be great also. :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdi419

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.