03 Dodge Ram Cummins

SFR1986

Oct 5, 2010
San Diego, CA
Well..I finally got my new truck and need ideas...used primarily for construction in heavy traffic areas but also for wrecks and fires on a race track. Anyway I am open to all suggestions.

ai1178.photobucket.com_albums_x375_TrackRescue01_mynewmudtoy.jpg

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I'd go microman bar in the rear window, probably 48 inch - $236 + shipping

2 pimp pods on a license plate bracket $77 for a pair of pods, about $30 for a lp bracket.

4 pimp pods in grill - $154

2 white or amber hide aways in the taillights - $140

1 or 2 whelen avengers on dash, amber i assume???? $150 shipped from HPD84

and for side warning i'd do a 4 head microman bar on each rear door $168 for two!

For all that, with only one avenger on the dash would be about $950, with two it would be about $1100!

I'd say that would cover all your warning needs and keep you below your budget!

I installed this exact setup on my supervisors chevy truck for Search And Rescue and it kicks ass!

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I don't have any on my computer, but i'll get some Saturday when i see my supervisor!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
SFR1986 said:
I have between 1500 and 2000 to spend I definently want to go slicktop on it.

FRONT:

--2 whelen M6 lightheads for the grill ($240)

--1 whelen dual avenger (up to $200)

SIDES:

--Pair of SOS intersector lights under the mirrors ($135)

--Pair of whelen lin6 series or surface mount ghosts on the side of a toolbox, if u get one, or mount ghosts between the B & C posts inside ($140-190)

REAR:

--SOS ultralite 8 T/A in the rear headliner ($370)

--2 whelen M6 lightheads on the tailgate ($240)

SFR1986

Oct 5, 2010
San Diego, CA
Do they make an Inner edge or other style inner lightbar for these trucks...I love the look of them and IMO they would be a big help on the highway at night...

I am thinkin of

In front: An Inner lightbar, LIN 3 or 6's in the grill ( four set up to flash in an X pattern),

Side lighting: LIN 6 on sides of tool box , Strobes n More E42 on each side in the rear door window

In Back: 2 LIN 3's in the back window along with some sort of led T/A

also a HAW kit 2 in front and then i cant decide 2 or 4 in back..

Let me know..I am also open to any other suggestions.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
SFR1986 said:
Do they make an Inner edge or other style inner lightbar for these trucks...I love the look of them and IMO they would be a big help on the highway at night...
I am thinkin of

In front: An Inner lightbar, LIN 3 or 6's in the grill ( four set up to flash in an X pattern),

Side lighting: LIN 6 on sides of tool box , Strobes n More E42 on each side in the rear door window

In Back: 2 LIN 3's in the back window along with some sort of led T/A

also a HAW kit 2 in front and then i cant decide 2 or 4 in back..

Let me know..I am also open to any other suggestions.

if ur allowed to use HAWs, i would just keep it limited to HAWs in the brake lights

also, to my knowledge, there isn't an interior lightbar made for the dodge ram trucks. if u really wanted to have one, my guess is that you'd have to modify the flashback shield yourself and modify universal brackets to make it fit, but i personally dont think that u need a full interior lighthbar up front for construction/road detail (i think that you def. should have some lighting to the front, but IMHO that the lighting should be concentrated primarily to the rear, followed by the sides)

May 22, 2010
Central WV
If this is going to be used on roads for construction and on tracks, you will need most of your lighting to the rear. Having said that, if you want a far amount of warning to the front too so you won't have to worry what direction your truck is facing then have plenty to the front as well. Like pdk9 said, the sides of the truck are important too.

Here's what I would do.

Front:

Interior Pinnacle

x4 LED3s or Ghosts in the grill

...maybe some HAWs or LED inserts in the front turn signals

Side:

LED3s on a front LP bracket

Intersectors under side mirrors

Ghosts on the side of the tool box

Rear:

UltraLite 8 TA

LED3s on rear LP

Universal Undercovers in the rear reverse lights, synced with LED3s on LP.

That would be all amber lighting and 360* visible. What I have above comes in around $2000 (a little over), if I did my mental math right :p

SFR1986

Oct 5, 2010
San Diego, CA
well the dodge is no more...I rolled it goin home last night...thankgod for insurance and not having lights on it yet...damn that was a wild ride but i am still kinda ticked off...my own fault...o well truck is replaceable... :oops: well this is the new truck I am lookin at...seen it while drivin back from the hospital this am..I am fine..minor scrapes and bruises...

[Broken External Image]:http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m395/speedwayfirerescue/350.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m395/speedwayfirerescue/3503.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m395/speedwayfirerescue/Before Install/3501.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
hey glad to hear you're all right.

with this ford, if u buy it, i'd still go with the same setup that i recommended earlier, except i would scrap the SOS intersectors on the mirrors; instead, i'd mount some lin6 on the front corners (on the sides of the pushbumper)

PS if u have the $, maybe a pair of led3 minis on the runningboards for supplementary lighting (but i wouldn't make these a priority over other lighting)

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Get another cummins, fords suck! Im in the market for a cummins now, might pick up an 06 for 19k

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.