05' f150 pov

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Um i would have run the lightbar cable through the rear door just for a convenience point of view, the rear doors probably get used less.

cddavis

Oct 2, 2010
Berwick, PA
Fast LT1 said:
Um i would have run the lightbar cable through the rear door just for a convenience point of view, the rear doors probably get used less.

Nah, its not mounted yet, I just set it on top and ran the cord to a jump box. I don't know if the cord would fit through the doors so I may run it down between the bed and cab.

Last edited by a moderator:

NVFD612

May 25, 2010
Indiana
cddavis,

So tell us what else do you have on your truck? I see a dashlight, do you have grille lighting, rear lighting, or additional side lighting? I am going to presume "blue" since you are in PA (and plus the last picture has blue). What are you looking to do for switch controllers?

I like the way it looks on your truck, it looks very sharp. I am just looking to see "what else" is in store, and I know someone else would have asked these questions eventually!

Dennis

resQyou

cddavis

Oct 2, 2010
Berwick, PA
resQyou said:
cddavis,

So tell us what else do you have on your truck? I see a dashlight, do you have grille lighting, rear lighting, or additional side lighting? I am going to presume "blue" since you are in PA (and plus the last picture has blue). What are you looking to do for switch controllers?

I like the way it looks on your truck, it looks very sharp. I am just looking to see "what else" is in store, and I know someone else would have asked these questions eventually!

Dennis

resQyou

Dennis,

The dashlight is a blue Traffic Enforcer L-2 from ledoutfitters.com. I got it before Christmas when he had them on sale for $60. Awesome light btw. I have a set of blue Soundoff LED3 lights I plan on putting under my tailgate. As far as a controller, I have a Galls XL400 (non siren) enroute from another board member. Thanks! I just need it to warm up a little or use the ambulance hall so I can get everything installed lol.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
cddavis said:
Nah, its not mounted yet, I just set it on top and ran the cord to a jump box. I don't know if the cord would fit through the doors so I may run it down between the bed and cab.

Run it through the third brake light. Just make sure to take the time to notch the hole correctly and seal it.

triton911bj

May 24, 2010
Springville, PA
DaveCN5 said:
Run it through the third brake light. Just make sure to take the time to notch the hole correctly and seal it.

+1..agreed the light is a easy replacement if/when you get rid of the truck. looks better too. otherwise looks good

BJ

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
triton911bj said:
+1..agreed the light is a easy replacement if/when you get rid of the truck. looks better too. otherwise looks good

BJ
Truck looks good, would not recommend trying the third brake light idea. If you are going to go to that much trouble to notch it out just perfect and then attempt to reseal it then just bight the bullet and drill a hole in the roof. Seen to many of those leak and never fit right again and end up having 45 tubes of silicone used around the third brake light.

Jan 19, 2011
PA
You could run it down the back of the cab and into the vent on the back wall thats what i did there is a easy way of removing your back seat. Just let me know and i will give you the link to it. Nice set up.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
cddavis said:
I wouldn't mind drilling a hole in the roof but I don't trust myself enough to do it. That is why I figured I would play it safe and run it under the cab.

In some installs I've done and with my POV, I've taken out the carpet on the passenger side and drilled a hole through the firewall(make sure there is'nt anything behind it of course) and run the cord down to the hood via the window and run it through that hole and seal it. Works good for me and never had any problems.

Lightbar(Wiring) 2.jpg

Lightbar(Wiring) 4.jpg

murphyslaw

Jun 24, 2010
South Central Alaska
calebsheltonmed23 said:
In some installs I've done and with my POV, I've taken out the carpet on the passenger side and drilled a hole through the firewall(make sure there is'nt anything behind it of course) and run the cord down to the hood via the window and run it through that hole and seal it. Works good for me and never had any problems.
View attachment 4365

View attachment 4363

No offense, but windshield run wires look like shit.

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
I will have to agree with you on this but, sometimes drilling a hole in the roof just isn't an option.

Example would be that the install was designed to be Non-Perminat...

Jan 19, 2011
PA
as soon as i get a clear break in the weather to get in my truck and take my back seat out i will take some photos of were you could run the wires with out having to drill any holes.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
murphyslaw said:
No offense, but windshield run wires look like shit.

Like Shadow-D said, I'm not to big on drilling holes in the roof because when you go to sell the vehicle, whether it's plugged up or not, usually looks like shit. And if you don't seal it right, water gets in the headliner and makes it sag. I don't think the wires running down the window looks very good either, but when you drill the hole in the firewall, you can plug that up, and unless somebody is just looking for holes, they most likely are'nt going to notice. That's just my way of doing things. If I have a customer that says he wants a hole in the roof, I'll do it, but it's not my first choice, IMO.

stfd1911

Jul 6, 2010
Laporte, Indiana
ive done the lightbar thing...and when i had mine i went through the 3rd brake light and sealed around it..when i sold the truck i just got another 3rd brake light and put it in its place..

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
stfd1911 said:
ive done the lightbar thing...and when i had mine i went through the 3rd brake light and sealed around it..when i sold the truck i just got another 3rd brake light and put it in its place..

I've done this nemerous times... And third brake lights are fairly cheap... LoL

Jan 19, 2011
PA
gman021 said:
hahaha don't tell my those are slimmisers in the bar

yes they are i had them just laying around from an old install and i had got them for free so in they went. I did not need the arrow stick.

ast123

Oct 27, 2012
South Georgia
cddavis said:
Just curious to see what the board thinks, does it look to small for my truck? It is a 49" Tomar Blade (Standard Power). Sorry about the second picture, I guess you can't really see it.

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y162_beckyandchad_Lightbar_P1160848.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y162_beckyandchad_Lightbar_P1160849.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y162_beckyandchad_Lightbar_P1160850.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y162_beckyandchad_Lightbar_th_P1160851.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y162_beckyandchad_Lightbar_th_P1160852.jpg

Hey man, do you have any pictures of the lightbar on your truck or the install or how you ended up doing the wire. Im probably bout to get a blade for my F150 so Im lookin for inspiration. Thanks!

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
The Blade looks good on there. I used to have a 05 F150. I am not a fan of small grill lights in a big grill. Use a light with a larger footprint. If you go with the lightar lose the dashlight. Just my .02

RideRed1990

May 23, 2010
Wadsworth OH
cddavis said:
Just curious to see what the board thinks, does it look to small for my truck? It is a 49" Tomar Blade (Standard Power). Sorry about the second picture, I guess you can't really see it.

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y162_beckyandchad_Lightbar_P1160848.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y162_beckyandchad_Lightbar_P1160849.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y162_beckyandchad_Lightbar_P1160850.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y162_beckyandchad_Lightbar_th_P1160851.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y162_beckyandchad_Lightbar_th_P1160852.jpg

Looks good, odly enough tho i was just going to look at a truck for sale down by Columbus that looked EXACTLY like ur truck haha, but i like it looks nice

Retaks

Aug 5, 2012
SE PA
Im lookin at one similar to yours tonight. Its a 2006 and white are the only diffrences. Yours looks good though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.