05 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Bogie

Jan 19, 2012
Queens,NY
Work in progress as I lost my old Jeep and Lighting with Hurricane Sandy.

Currently Installed 

Windshield 2x 5MM Slimlighters

Grill 2x Federal signal Cuda

Rear Window TIR Slimlighter

Smart Siren

Planned (already owned)

Whelen Halo system in back = gotta defeat the circuit board on the taillights and Jeep computer 

Side Windows = ShoMe Slim Lights 

Planned (Need)

ILB that will fit in the Jeep = When this is done the Slimlighters will move to the side windows

Intersection warning = 10-75 or Mirror lights ?

Was working on fitting the SS2000 into the overhead console and thought I should share with you guys. Remaining a slick top non marked vehicle.

alh4.googleusercontent.com__AnMTa49gG5I_VQvEaIld22I_AAAAAAAAEa88216ea8dc5c9fcdd803cdc0a0e9b32b.jpg

ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f300_Bogie7177_Lights_image_3.jpg

ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f300_Bogie7177_Lights_image_1.jpg

ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f300_Bogie7177_Lights_image.jpg

Vid of Front

Vid or Rear

Last edited by a moderator:

vpogv

Dec 28, 2014
Ohio
My 2 cents would just be some sync with the front and perhaps cannons in the rear taillights.  I do like the placement of the SS2000.  :thumbsup:

Bogie

Jan 19, 2012
Queens,NY
unfortunately right now the front are older units without sync capabilities I have considered using a ambulance flasher for the whole system to get sync and white light kill. Im gonna try to get the Halo system to function in the rear if I cant I'll probably use the Canon 360 

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Love the fit of the smart siren head. I like it so far...I do wish the older grill lights had sync, but pickup a ULF44 and you'll be all set...I like sync, but I personally like to have different flash patterns in different parts of my vehicle (ie fast pattern up front & slow to the rear) so I dont think ambulance flasher is necessary on a POV for complete 360 sync to look good.

As for your earlier question, I would start off with intersectors first...I like the 10-75 but, if I had to choose 1 side/intersection light with a limited initial budget, I would go with the intersectors b/c I think they give better all around coverage (10-75 is kinda limited visibility unless you're exactly at a 90 degree angle on the side of the front LP area)

Bogie

Jan 19, 2012
Queens,NY
I am rather pleased with the fitment of the SS control head I picked up a second overhead console to mod so returning to stock can be easy. when I took the rough measurements it looked like I would end up with a more pronounced gap around the unit and would need to make a filler plan was to get a jotto desk face and cut it down but its not needed.

I have been researching flashers (mostly overcomplicating it) I know the Cudas can be set up for a external flasher and I could bypass the slimlighters to sync the front and use a relay or two to get the white light kill. I also prefer different patterns around the vehicle and to go as far as different patterns when responding vs stationary. I do need to figure out what option ill go with for intersection and rear warning I feel it needs more then just the single slimlighter (& Halo's/Cannons) out back but mounting is gonna be a trick.

Bogie

Jan 19, 2012
Queens,NY
Was asked how I was doing the 10-75 bracket so here are some photos. First due to the factory bracket only hooking the plate up top I drilled for some Wellnuts, then the Ghost I had were not surface mount units (didn't know it was a completely different unit) I had to space them out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439266411.635138.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439266423.140945.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439266433.879494.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439266443.634689.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.