'05 Tahoe & Whelen Arrowstick (TA836UHP)

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
I decided to help a friend out & will be putting a Whelen TA836UHP inside the rear of a (I believe) '05 Tahoe.

They said they didn't care about the actual arrowstick functions & to basically "just make it flash".

So, for testing I wired up the 6 ambers to a Code 3 711 flasher.

The red & blue ends have their own flasher in the light & seperate harness so I'm going to leave them like that.

That's all I could think of; but any other suggestions as far as simple/flashing..?

The friend works for the dept. & is donating the TA for the department to use, so, the more inexpensive the better.

Also, I've NEVER worked on a Tahoe. This one is already a marked unit & has a loaded Excalibur bar & I'm not sure what else. Control box is something with a slide switch - I haven't seen the Tahoe yet so I don't know exactly what it has for lighting other than the lightbar I was told about.

Basically, how big of a job is it (roughly) to mount this light in the rear window & run the cables upto the switch box? Anything to look out for (special clips/bolt heads, etc)?

Thanks in advance!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.