06 Chrysler Pacifica

Firebasic2004

May 24, 2010
SW Ohio, USA
Good Evening,

One of my friends on my department is looking to light up his car. Nothing extravagant just to meet Ohio regulations.

Siren: REQUIRED

Lights: Red, Clear, Amber

Must be visible 360deg

Cost: reasonable

As of right now he has a single Dashking (red) over his RVM.

The car is a family driver as well as a daily commute to KY.

Idea I had was for a LED beacon with the current strobe. I don't know if an LED beacon would clear the roof rack.

For a siren I have no idea. Undercover would be nice. It looks like there should be a lot of room under the console.

Lastly would be speaker placement ideas.

Thank you all very much for your assistance!

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
By beacon, do you mean like a throw light to put up when responding/ take off when not?

For siren, there are lots of undercover set ups that could work, or you could go with an 'all in one' setup like the Whelen HSS or Gamma series... series'...series's... whatever.

Are they looking for a stealth setup or would a mini light bar be ok? If they are trying to keep it on the DL and minimal, I would say add an led dash light, a MicroMan or ELS (if I remember the name correctly) bar in the back, a set of grill lights (TIR style or something like a Ghost) and a pair of TIR's on a 10-75 bracket.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I would recomend you stick to the USA and use stuff that lasts and that is bright. ELS is China junk. Tomar ,Whelen,Fed Sig,Code 3 are the way to go. Today you can get US stuff for cheap why go China.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Firebasic2004 said:
Good Evening,
One of my friends on my department is looking to light up his car. Nothing extravagant just to meet Ohio regulations.

Siren: REQUIRED

Lights: Red, Clear, Amber

Must be visible 360deg

Cost: reasonable

As of right now he has a single Dashking (red) over his RVM.

The car is a family driver as well as a daily commute to KY.

Front:

--I kind of like the idea of keeping the dashking over his RVM to have some strobe in the mix, so i'd leave it above the RVM

--HLF

--2 tir6 or 400 series behind the grill

SIDES:

--single red talon/avenger in each rear window

--Pair of linz6's or ghosts on a 10-75 bracket

REAR:

--TLF

--red/amber Microman bar (like RL1 recommended) on the rear headliner

i'd go w/ a whelen HHS220 for siren & lighting control since there isn't a lot of room on center console IMO (but you can keep the hhs2200 in the center console storage for covertness and deploy it when responding)

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
pdk9 said:
REAR:

--TLF

--red/amber Microman bar (like RL1 recommended) on the rear headliner
I wouldn't recommend a TLF. The Pacifica has a weird taillight design that would make it worthless as rear warning. I recommend a pair of hideaway strobes in the rear turn signals instead.

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
nerdly_dood said:
I wouldn't recommend a TLF. The Pacifica has a weird taillight design that would make it worthless as rear warning. I recommend a pair of hideaway strobes in the rear turn signals instead.

As the owner of a Pacifica, I agree. TLF wouldn't work very well. But I don't think HAWs would either. You're going to have problems with any kind of low pro rear warning. From the rear glass to the inside lip of the hatch is close to 3 inches. I have a slim lighter mounted in the back of mine. when I installed it, I wanted to work when the hatch was open so I mounted it in the top of the doorway. It's of very little value in the day time because the tint in the rear window. Putting some lights around the the rear plate (which is in the middle of the hatch) is something I've been debating, but I really want to keep everything hidden..

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
dustymedic said:
As the owner of a Pacifica, I agree. TLF wouldn't work very well. But I don't think HAWs would either. You're going to have problems with any kind of low pro rear warning. From the rear glass to the inside lip of the hatch is close to 3 inches. I have a slim lighter mounted in the back of mine. when I installed it, I wanted to work when the hatch was open so I mounted it in the top of the doorway. It's of very little value in the day time because the tint in the rear window. Putting some lights around the the rear plate (which is in the middle of the hatch) is something I've been debating, but I really want to keep everything hidden..
I think the turn signal design is more typical, so you could put a strobe tube in each one right next to the bulb and get an effective amber signal.

Firebasic2004

May 24, 2010
SW Ohio, USA
First of all thank you for all your help. I at this point a code3 LSS222 beacon for the roof and a TIR style light head(s) on the rear glass. Looking at the Carson remote mount Vol siren. Any tips on mounting? What speaker is the best match for it?

May 22, 2010
Central WV
Firebasic2004 said:
First of all thank you for all your help. I at this point a code3 LSS222 beacon for the roof and a TIR style light head(s) on the rear glass. Looking at the Carson remote mount Vol siren. Any tips on mounting? What speaker is the best match for it?

What about a TDWL 24 in red for the rear window. If your friend respond POV to scene at all it would give him more warning to the rear and TA capabilities if he in on the side of the road or blocking traffic.

As far as speakers go, just about any of the name brand speakers will work just fine. You just need to make sure they fit in the space you decide to mount it. Since you won't be installing the speaker on a "standard" vehicle, you will have to modify the supplied or universal bracket, or make your own.

PM sent

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.