06 dodge dakota strobe kit

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Hi, I am helping my friend put in a strobe kit. We are running into alot of obstacles and I was wondering if anyone has any tips or help. I need to run wire from the cab to the engine compartment without drilling, and coming fro the taillights inside. Also, where is the best place to insert the strobe, near the headlight bulb or away from it.

Thanks for anything :)

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
as far as running the wires,there is a port with a rubber grommet on the driver side firewall.from the engine compartment.look about 2-3 inches below the wiper cowl.it is sometime hidden by wires,etc. as far as running from the taillights,is it a standard cab or extended cab.if you remove the trim and expose the wire channel and or pull back the carpet there will be another entry port in either the channel and or under the backseat/lower back wall of the truck sealed with a rubber grommet. they are not hard to install strobes on buts its been awhile since i did my old dakota.as far as placement dont install the strobe tube to close to the headlight bulb due to heat from the strobe tube or the head light bulb and dont mount it too close to the front of the headlight othersie it will melt the lense of the headlight,already made that mistake, hope this helps

also it helps to run the cables along the main wire bundle under the truck to your entry point,it is easier to secure them and looks neater under the veh if you care

Tom

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Thanks for that. There was actually a plug under the cab too that was for nothing. We got them all in, and the look pretty good. Thanks

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
hopefully i was able to help,get some pics up when you can of the install

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.