'07 Dodge Ram "The Bus" Demo POV (Lots if Pics)

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
Ok guys here it is. Just a forewarning this is my personal vehicle that I also use for courtesy light law response. Now I obviously will not need all of these for a courtesy state even though technically I could bypass that as my vehicle is one designated for towing a response trailer and our dive team trailer in the case of them being needed. A lot of what was done to it was to show not only the lights but also the install capabilities we can provide at I-29 EVP therefore I did a lot of custom work. I also wanted to keep a lo profile appearance as this is my personal vehicle. With that I tried to keep holes to a minimum as well, a lot of our installs are personal vehicles and they never want holes. There are a lot of holes drilled but for the most part they will not be visible or affect resale value. I havent messed with flash patterns too much yet to but its ok right now.

Installed

Front:

2-Whelen TIR6s-grill

3-Sound Off Ghosts- Mirrors and center hood

1-Sound Off Charger Mount Interior Pinnacle Lightbar (custom modified)

1-Whelen Halo 2 Head Kit-turn signals

1-Sound Off Isolated HLF

Sides:

Whelen LINZ6-grill guard

Tomar Rect 14-under drives door

Tomar Rect 13-under passenger door

Rear:

1-Microman 3 Head Bar-Center

2-Axixtech Chameleons-Outsides

1-Axixtech TRI LED HAW-Revers lights

Inside:

Kenwood TK-730 Remote Head VHF Radio

2-Whelen ULF 44s

Custom Clear Switch Panel

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2366.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2324.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2358.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2361.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2359.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2354.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2353.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2356.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2364.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2365.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2352.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2351.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2368.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2349.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2350.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2403.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2397.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2392.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2360.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
If you wanted low profile why did you get a yellow truck??? ;)

Very nice install. how visible would you say the Ghosts on the mirrors are during the day when off???

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
andrewsim said:
If you wanted low profile why did you get a yellow truck??? ;)

Very nice install. how visible would you say the Ghosts on the mirrors are during the day when off???

Not at all. I had them on since this summer and just a couple weeks ago my girlfriend asked if I had just put them on. She has ridden with me for over 2,000 miles since I put them in and she just noticed them and asked what they were. If your a light nerd like most of us however they will stick out like a sore thumb :lol:

Its like the Ghost on the hood, I wasnt sure if I would like it, so I bolted it on and didnt wire it up for a couple weeks to see how much I noticed it (I am the kind of guy who notices everything when it comes to my truck) The first 2 days it was on it only caught my eye once or twice so I kept it. No one has asked about any of my lights yet. I did notice one guy eyeing the LINZ6s on the grill guard at a gas pump the other day but he had the same grill guard so he would notice them better.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
That is just plain ole f***ing sexy!

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Newberry13 said:
That is just plain ole f***ing sexy!

If you have a school bus fetish! Robb, one day you're going to wake up to go to a call, turn your lights on and a "STOP" sign is going to come off the side of your truck and huge decals on your back window that says "EXTRA SHORT BUS". Just don't ask me who put them there. :D

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Love it :D God i miss my dodge truck was lost in a roll over all my blinkies died R.I.P 2003-2007 :cry:

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
I found some other pictures of the modifications I made to the Pinnacle. It took a little bit of guts to chop into a new lightbar but it was well worth it.

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_2010_07_15214413.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_2010_07_17195725.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_2010_07_17195731.jpg

Here is the custom switch panel. I did it on my first install cause I thought it would be cool and then found that when customers where on the fence about me doing the install due to price I would show them this and it would quickly sway their mind to me doing the install. It gives an inside look to what is usually a rats nest.

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2340.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2343.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2342.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2341.jpg

We originally had this Pinnacle mounted in nwiamedics Dodge Charger and it fit like a dream. I did have to modify the mounts to fit my Ram but as you see it fits snug and there is only a hair line of flash back down the A pillars but none to the windsheild. Also when it was in Tyler's Charger it still cut off visibility to stop lights, as you can see I think I pulled a first in modifying that to "Whelen Inner Edge Specs"

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2289.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2362.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2335.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2336.jpg

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2334.jpg

This shows how well you can still see through the glass yet there is no flashback due to the "one sided glass"

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2331.jpg

And Video

Response Mode Day

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_th_DSCF2376.jpg

Mode 2 Day

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_th_DSCF2377.jpg

Response Mode Night

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_th_DSCF2294.jpg

Mode 2 Night

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_th_DSCF2302.jpg

The Whelen HALO's NIght

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_th_DSCF2325.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
Those are not actually mic holders but rather cell phone, ipod, etc holders. They can either allow a belt clip to clip through them or the rotating knobs to hang on them. Most mic clips wont hang on them as they are too deep to allow the knob to hook. Check here.

And the HALOs where pretty much plug and play. The only difference is that you had to identify which wires where your parking lights and which where your turn signals then connect accordingly.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I like the setup over all. The interior bar looks right at home, the modifications look great. I'm also glad to see you included a white light cutoff... very good idea.

However, between the headlight flasher and the brush guard the LEDs in the turn signals aren't showing up very well. With the HLF turned off they show up great though.

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
JohnMarcson said:
I like the setup over all. The interior bar looks right at home, the modifications look great. I'm also glad to see you included a white light cutoff... very good idea.

However, between the headlight flasher and the brush guard the LEDs in the turn signals aren't showing up very well. With the HLF turned off they show up great though.

Unfortunately the takedowns still flash, I am thinking about changing it so on Mode 2 they don't for on scene purposes. And your right the HALOs are pretty washed out in the daytime but they aren't for any kind of primary warning and they are still good for demo purposes.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
usdemt said:
Unfortunately the takedowns still flash, I am thinking about changing it so on Mode 2 they don't for on scene purposes. And your right the HALOs are pretty washed out in the daytime but they aren't for any kind of primary warning and they are still good for demo purposes.

I really like the HALOs with the headlight flasher off.. perfect for night us. Mode two not having any clear is a good idea.

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
Just curious, has anyone else done anything like the one way glass on the interior lightbar before? I was kind of expecting more interest in it.

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
YAY! Some one around here has done a Dodge! I have a couple of questions because I'll be doing an install on my 2005 Ram.

1) Where did you route your power wire from the battery? Is there an existing firewall grommet you used?

2) What's the easiest way to get the lighthead wires down from the headliner? I hear dropping the headliner was a PITA.

I was going to put my power distribution under the rear seat. Is that as good of a place as any?

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
vonirkinshtine said:
YAY! Some one around here has done a Dodge! I have a couple of questions because I'll be doing an install on my 2005 Ram.

1) Where did you route your power wire from the battery? Is there an existing firewall grommet you used?

2) What's the easiest way to get the lighthead wires down from the headliner? I hear dropping the headliner was a PITA.

I was going to put my power distribution under the rear seat. Is that as good of a place as any?

I put mine on the panel under the steering wheel

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii48_usdemt_Installs_DSCF2281.jpg

Biggest problem I see with the rear seat is getting your power to and from their. you could always drill down through the floor or just run them under the carpet but with the mass of wires I had it never would have worked. And for the main power lead I just pulled off the positive post, curled around and had a breaker screwed to the side of the battery box. Then ran through the firewall and directly to that fuse panel.

There is a plastic drill through grommet in the fire wall, you cant miss it when you look, and running wires through it is very simple compared to most.

I ran all my wires down the B post but on an old setup I ran them down the A post. I pulled the headliner about 3/4 of the way out and it wasnt too bad I didnt think. If you are just putting lights in the wind shield you can pull off the A post and pry back the headliner to tuck the wire up so it is even easier without having to take it all down.

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
So, you have that fuse block under the steering column, and that runs to your distribution/switching station under the front-middle seat? And your wires for the rear deck lights and headliner lightbar is run up the b-pillar?

wd97tj

Jan 5, 2011
ny
Do you have any more information on how you modified the Pinicle inter bar. I have a 05 ram and am looking to get bar set up like that. I am curently running knock off dual talon and am looking to get a inter bar.

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
wd97tj said:
Do you have any more information on how you modified the Pinicle inter bar. I have a 05 ram and am looking to get bar set up like that. I am curently running knock off dual talon and am looking to get a inter bar.

Sorry thread resurection. I have not been around a lot lately. Are you talking about the one way glass, or the mounts?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.