07 Silverado LTZ 4x4

cvfd1615

Jun 12, 2010
Custer, Kentucky
Just bought a Silverado LTZ 4x4 and looking to do an install

My equipment so far is 3 whelen avengers and a Federal Signal SS2000 Siren w/ Dynamax speaker

Looking for your ideas/thoughts/suggestions on this project.

npfire9

May 26, 2010
Elkhart Co, IN
Grill is a 911ep 24wl/td and 4 Lstars. Vertex in fogs/brake lights. Whelen UHF2150a HLF, sound off led inserts in the cargo lights and a ultralite12 back window, with a sound off front bar (taheo mounts). Has for as mounting the averngers in back,just my need to make some brackets up to mount them. Not sure never installed them in the back window. Hope it helps a little.

Cory

cvfd1615

Jun 12, 2010
Custer, Kentucky
My silverado has the rear power sliding glass that goes to the passenger side of the vehicle but not the whole way.

Really need suggestions for good LED light in red for the back glass on each side.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
cvfd1615 said:
Just bought a Silverado LTZ 4x4 and looking to do an install

My equipment so far is 3 whelen avengers and a Federal Signal SS2000 Siren w/ Dynamax speaker

Looking for your ideas/thoughts/suggestions on this project.

budget? lighting requirements (i.e. 360 warning)? willingness to drill holes?

based off of what u have so far, i'd put 1 avenger on each side behind the b-post for side warning and (if you're willing to drill) put a lin6 on each side of the front fender or the bumper for intersection warning (if you dont want to drill there, SOS intersectors would be nice, IMO). for the front, i'd add a HLF (assuming ur allowed to), 1 lin6 on each side of the chevy logo on the grill, and either a SOS pinnacle or inner edge. since you'll have the 3rd avenger left over, u can either put it on the lower dash or sell it to fund other lighting

for the rear, i'd add a TLF and either 2 tir6 slimlighters on the rear headliner (obviously an inch or so away from the window to allow room for the sliding window) or an ultralite 8.

and obviously, if u have the $, u can add LAWs in the fog lights, linz6's on a rear LP bracket, LAWs in the rear, etc.

i'd hook up the siren to fedsig as124 speakers

good luck

egriggs

Jun 1, 2010
Hamilton, NJ USA
Being an owner of one of these fine chevy pickups, I will chime in here. There are many little things in these pickups that make lighting fairly easy to mount with out going crazy drilling holes.

For the avengers in the rear, look in the headliner: there should be two retaining clips, one on either side. These are about 2 inches long and are plenty strong enough to hold single avengers, however you will need to extend you brackets with a nut and bolt and a piece of sheet metal in order to obtain the right positioning. Personally I had avengers in my rear windows and they just didn't work through the tint. I went instead with a dominator and I have been pleased ever since.

My overall setup is this:

front:

Slimlighter above RVM

TIR3's in top section of grille

Vertexes in the fogs

Whelen HLF

rear:

8 head dominator in rear window

SOS TLF

PM me if you want more install help or ideas....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.