10-8 Video, digital in-car systems

USAMP

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I just wanted to post a link on here for anyone interested in a digital in-car video system at a great price. I purchased a complete system from Jubal at 10-8 Video about a year and a half ago. This set up is pretty amazing. It is modular, easy to set up, simple to use.

Here is my install thread, with pictures of the setup: http://elightbars.org/forums/f34/2004-ford-explorer-12372/

And the customer service is outstanding. I have had a few questions, and 1 issue with the software. I e-mailed Jubal at about 2200, and within an hour I had a response. One business day later...I had an updated software file in my e-mail and the problem was resolved. Just this week, I damaged the GPS antenna when uninstalling it from one vehicle to move to another, I let him know and he had a replacement out Priority Mail first thing in the morning.

It is hard to describe how happy I am with the whole experience of owning a 10-8 system. Jubal and his products remind me of an old-school company. High quality products, with a company that stands behind it, 100%

Police Car Video Camera | Digital In Car Police Video System | Police Dashcam let him know Dan sent ya. They also carry a line of "covert" camera set-ups. I haven't tried them, but I am sure they are good quality.

Feel free to PM me for more info. I also have video samples available for anyone interested.

*DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with 10-8video, with the exception of being an extremely satisfied customer.

USAMP

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City, MO
ryan said:
I have installed 10 of the 10-8 systems. happy so far, just wish the speaker in the mirror worked with playback.

Speaker would be nice. A little birdie told me there will be a new model released within a few weeks. Can't wait to see it, sounds like a lot of upgrades.

firefighter31 said:
about what did you pay for the camera's? if you don't wanna say thats okay.

In the ballpark of $1,000 if I remember right, compared to 3-5k for similar mirror systems. Works just as well, got a few DUI's prosecuted and proved a false claim of officer misconduct, not me luckily.

I wasnt a fan of the wiring for this. Seems like there is too much going on, almost as if the took 3 things that were not suppose to be sent in the same box and did that. It kinda reminded me of stuff we use to put into cars for rear seat video, one company made the screens and one company made the vcr, then they stuck it all in one package. Just my opinion.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
I do agree it seems like a hodge podge of items, But the install is easy. Yes we are all used to mobile vision or others but this works just as well.

The camera has power and ground

The dvr has power and ground

The mirror has power and ground

The mic box has power and ground

Then they all have interlinking cables. Mine all included GPS and G shock sensors.

K9Gunner

Jun 1, 2010
Dayton Ohio
I just purchased this system, and will be installing tomrrow. Any tips? I got the UHF version. Kinda bummed it has a big antenna on top of the mic pack on my belt, but the rest looks great.

K9Gunner

Jun 1, 2010
Dayton Ohio
Well it took 2 weeks for post to be approved, so now I have the unit installed, and everything went well. Im impressed with the features and all it does. I would still be interested in hearing from other users. I have a few questions on how other export files from the camera.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.