120V to 12V Power Supply for Vintage Beacons

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccrowley

Dec 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Hello Everyone!
I am a young (28 year-old) enthusiast of vintage cars and vintage emergency vehicles. I'm looking to find a restored Federal Signal 17 Beacon Ray or 174 Super Beacon Ray ("Hawaii Five-O" beacon) to display in my garage with the rest of my automobilia collection (I also have a few railroad lanterns and other related items). My question is what do you use to power your beacons when they are on static display? Obviously plugging straight into an outlet would be disastrous. Also, is it possible to run a vintage beacon continuously on a 120V to 12V power supply (i.e., while I'm out relaxing in the garage with a beer)? Thank you for helping a newbie out!

thatoneiowan

May 23, 2016
Central Iowa
I have roughly a dozen of these. It was suggested by someone in a Facebook group that swears by them and I haven't had any issues with them. Some I have had for a year or two now. I don't remember how long I have ran them non-stop but if you make sure they don't get too hot I would think you would be fine

eTopxizu 12v 30a Dc Universal Regulated Switching Power Supply 360w for CCTV, Radio, Computer Project https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D7CWSCG/?tag=elightbars-20

Reactions: ccrowley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.