1993 Rusty but Trusty Ford f150 with my amber light set up.

aj9j

Sep 15, 2010
northern Wells county, IN
Hey,

This is my roadside rescue truck, helping stranded motorist for over 30 yrs in indiana.

1993 ford f 150 with 223000 miles,

Federal signal jetstream in amber with 3 rotators and rear wig-wag

corner strobes,

Code 3 dual head strobe on dash.

Federal Signal 6 head arrow stick, using a code 3 headlight flasher, (I didn't have a controller so I improvised)

here's a video. and pic's of rusty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53YKJvdk8G0

CLOSE UP OF MY TRUCK.jpg

my truck.jpg

Reactions: Jarred J.

aj9j

Sep 15, 2010
TheGatekeeper said:
Cool truck.
The rear HAW are on slow pattern I suppose? ;)

thank's for the reply. but i'm new to this board and I don't know what HAW means, if your talking about the arrow, it just a one speed flasher wired into it. I chose which light pattern by direct wire each bulb to one side of the flasher or the other, I didn't have access to a control flasher to make arrow work. maybe in the future i will get a controller cheap.but for now I think i made a good flash pattern,

HFD38RESQ

Aug 3, 2010
aj9j said:
thank's for the reply. but i'm new to this board and I don't know what HAW means, if your talking about the arrow, it just a one speed flasher wired into it. I chose which light pattern by direct wire each bulb to one side of the flasher or the other, I didn't have access to a control flasher to make arrow work. maybe in the future i will get a controller cheap.but for now I think i made a good flash pattern,
HAW mean Hide a way

aj9j

Sep 15, 2010
lol, no my HAW as you called them in the video is actually my 4 way flasher's, i didn't have the HAW's installed yet when I made the video. I will make a updated vid, with my corner strobes on, next couple days. thanks for the replies.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I like the music, LOL!!!

Other then the rust, nice truck and setup.

People down here in Texas generally have never heard the term, "rusty but trusty" since this is a northern term used when selling a rusted vehicle. Seen that many times in the news paper when I lived up in Wisconsin 12 years ago.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
aj9j said:
lol, no my HAW as you called them in the video is actually my 4 way flasher's, i didn't have the HAW's installed yet when I made the video. I will make a updated vid, with my corner strobes on, next couple days. thanks for the replies.

I know!! I was just teasing you... ;)

Good set up, plain, simple and "mission-oriented".

aj9j

Sep 15, 2010
Thanks thegatekeeper,

Now you guys got me thinking, do I really need grill lights? yes or no. I'm not responding to problems 99 percent of my assist is drive upon , I c I stop, so really I don't need lots of forward lighting, might put something on side of tool box for side exposure, what do you think. someone suggested maybe lights by my liscence plate, can do red or amber rear, and amber white front, just prefer to stay amber. let me know what ya think.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
aj9j said:
Thanks thegatekeeper,
Now you guys got me thinking, do I really need grill lights? yes or no. I'm not responding to problems 99 percent of my assist is drive upon , I c I stop, so really I don't need lots of forward lighting, might put something on side of tool box for side exposure, what do you think. someone suggested maybe lights by my liscence plate, can do red or amber rear, and amber white front, just prefer to stay amber. let me know what ya think.
I think what you have now is plenty.

I 26

Sep 9, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
COOL TRUCK!!

And by the way, the new board here is awesome! Haven't really used it all that much yet. But all I remember about the old one is this guy would have been absolutely FLAMED for having this many light without being a government owned vehicle...I mean just insulted into the ground...haha...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.