1997 Chevy Suburban Install for St. Clair Twp. Fire Dept. (Ohio)

Tri-State PSE

May 21, 2010
Middletown, Ohio
Here's an upgrade we recently did for a department that wanted rid of their strobes.
Vehicle: 1997 Chevrolet Suburban, 46K miles, 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4WD

Equipment Sold/Installed:
48" Whelen Liberty Light Bar, Led TD's + Alleys + Red Lenses (used)
(2) TecNiq K70 7x3 Red Lights (fenders)
(2) Feniex Fusion 40° Dual Color Surface Mounts: R/W (grille)
(2) Feniex Cannons: White (parking lights)
(1) Whelen UHF2150A HLF
(2) Star ULB9E-R/W Dash/Deck lights (rear side windows)
(2) Star ULB9E-R/R Dash/Deck lights (rear door windows)
(2) Feniex Cannons: Red (brake lights)

Feel free to contact us if you need anything:
Showroom: 513.422.5775 // www.TriStatePSE.com

Reactions: ff168577 and Tony P
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Excellent install. Great choice on the flash patterns. Nice to see no split fails or rapid flash patterns. Only change I'd make if even possible would be the two rear lights in the back window. I'd flash the whole left light then whole right light in a back and forth type pattern. But they are definitely fine the way they are too.

Reactions: Krsdog25

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Nice work. Not gonna lie....I wish they kept the lighting more era-specific (I loved these suburbans with the MX7K, 700 strobes, and HAW strobes back in the day), but I'm sure the customer had a good reason for upgrading to LED and cutting down on the amp draw.
I've been really impressed with Tecniq's off-axis warning and their impressive warranty. I wish that the customer had gone the 7x3s or 6x4s for the grill and the rear.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
There was that one guy here that put a Streethawk on his department's Suburban a year or two ago, that's more the kinda thing I prefer. But those LEDs are sure to pack more of a punch than the strobes he used.

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
Nice work. Not gonna lie....I wish they kept the lighting more era-specific (I loved these suburbans with the MX7K, 700 strobes, and HAW strobes back in the day),

I totally agree with you. That said, the colored lenses really help bridge the time-gap between the Suburban and the LED bar. It wouldn't look nearly as good in my opinion with clear lenses.

Reactions: pdk9

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.